Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK in column search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK in column search Post 302350679 by cabrao on Friday 4th of September 2009 02:02:51 PM
Old 09-04-2009
Code:
$ awk -F~ '{print $5}' file
e
e1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a column by name in awk

Hi, I have a file that has many columns. Let us say "Employee_number" "Employee_name" "Salary". I want to display all entries in a column by giving all or part of the column name. For example if I input "name" I want all the employee names printed. Is it possible to do this in a simple manner... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskkarthik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search column, print line

Hello. I've been banging my head against walls trying to search a comma delimited file, using awk. I'm trying to search a "column" for a specific parameter, if it matches, then I'd like to print the whole line. I've read in multiple texts: awk -F, '{ if ($4 == "string") print $0 }'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthias03
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search a word in particular column using awk

I have a data in a file like this 1 praveen bmscollege 2 shishira bnmit 3 parthiva geethamce I want to search "praveen" using awk command i tried like this but i did not get awk `$2="praveen" {print $0} ` praveen.lst can anyone help me solving this problem in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenhegde
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed to search & replace data in first column

Hi All, I need help in manipulating the data in first column in a file. The sample data looks like below, Mon Jul 18 00:32:52 EDT 2011,NULL,UAT Jul 19 2011,NULL,UAT 1] All field in the file are separated by "," 2] File is having weekly data extracted from database 3] For eg.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or grep to search one column and output the other

Hello, it would be great if someone can help me with the following: I want to search for the rows from fileA in column 1 of fileB and output column 2 of fileB if found in fileC. In the moment I search within the complete file. How can I change the code so only column 1 is searched? cat fileA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manyaka
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : search last index in specific column

I am trying to search a given text in a file and find its last occurrence index. The task is to append the searched index in the same file but in a separate column. I am able to accomplish the task partially and looking for a solution. Following is the detailed description: names_file.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarun.trehan
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search pattern in column

Want to search a pattern in column using the below command which not helpful awk -F"\|" '$1 == '"${VAR}"' {print $1,$2}' file how to search using "==" with variable other than the below case. awk -F"\|" '$1 ~ /'"${VAR}"'/ {print $1,$2}' file (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace nth column by using a variable.

I am passing a variable and replace nth value with the variable. I tried using many options in awk command but unable to ignore the special characters in the output and also unable to pass the actual value. Input : "1","2","3" Output : "1","1000","3" TempVal=`echo 1000` Cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in column using variable: awk

I'm interested to match column pattern through awk using an external variable for data: -9 1:751343:T:A -9 0 T A 0.726 -5.408837e-03 9.576603e-03 7.967536e-01 5.722312e-01 -9 1:751756:T:C -9 0 T C 0.727 -5.360458e-03 9.579447e-03 7.966977e-01 5.757858e-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)