Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl file and folder listing -Help Post 302350351 by coolbhai on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 01:32:39 PM
Old 09-03-2009
Question

Thank you very much KevinADC,

All the issue got solved..

If possible can you tell me the difference between below two statements.

my $num =10;
my ${num} =10;

Thanks in advance
Coolbhai
coolbhai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching folder in perl

i will tell my problem with example: if i have a folder name called sree1.7.3 i know the starting name say sree and also path say /usr/lib. so i want the folder name. and how can i link this folder in makefile thank u sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl - Moving file based upon filesize in folder

Hi I'm trying to look through a series of directories in A folder, lets just call it A: for example: A/1 A/2 A/3 Etc and I wish to move the files in the folder if they are bigger than a certain size into a structure like below: A/TooBig/1 A/TooSmall/1 A/TooBig/2 A/TooSmall/2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PerlNewbRP
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Module for recursive listing of remote Windows shares

Hi, I'm looking for a Perl module which can recursively list remote Windows shares from within a Linux machine. I've tried Filesys::SmbClient ans Filesys:SmbClientPars but they just list the current directory Thank You for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i sort this listing in PYTHON by folder creation?

Is there anything i can do about this code? I need to sort it by folder creation, the newest will be first ... thx :) for dirname in postme: dirname = os.path.abspath(dirname) if dirname: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
2 Replies
DISKTAB(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab -- disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disklabel.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple database which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. It is used to initialize the disk label on the disk. The format is patterned after the termcap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:'-separated fields. The first field for each entry gives the names by which a disk's entry may be selected, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The optional fields for each entry are: ID Type Description ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) dt str Type of controller (e.g. SMD, ESDI, floppy) ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk sc num Number of sectors per cylinder, ns*nt default su num Number of sectors per unit, sc*nc default se num Sector size in bytes, DEV_BSIZE default sf bool Controller supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding rm num Rotation speed, rpm, 3600 default sk num Sector skew per track, default 0 cs num Sector skew per cylinder, default 0 hs num Headswitch time, usec, default 0 ts num One-cylinder seek time, usec, default 0 il num Sector interleave (n:1), 1 default d[0-4] num Drive-type-dependent parameters bs num Boot block size, default BBSIZE sb num Superblock size, default 0 ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) oa num Offset of partition `a' in sectors ob num Offset of partition `b' in sectors oc num Offset of partition `c' in sectors od num Offset of partition `d' in sectors oe num Offset of partition `e' in sectors of num Offset of partition `f' in sectors og num Offset of partition `g' in sectors oh num Offset of partition `h' in sectors pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors ta str Partition type of partition `a' (4.2BSD file system, swap, etc) tb str Partition type of partition `b' tc str Partition type of partition `c' td str Partition type of partition `d' te str Partition type of partition `e' tf str Partition type of partition `f' tg str Partition type of partition `g' th str Partition type of partition `h' FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
getdiskbyname(3), bsdlabel(8), newfs(8) HISTORY
The disktab description file appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
October 14, 2006 BSD