Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on gcc command
Operating Systems Solaris Help on gcc command Post 302350276 by Franklin52 on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 10:15:05 AM
Old 09-03-2009
Have you compiled your program? How?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

3. Programming

gcc compiler

i write c++ code it run perfectely with g++ compiler but same code when i compile with GCC compiler it gives linker error , followed these linker error /tmp/ccfZtXOQ.o(.text+0x22): In function `main': conf_system.cpp: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

gcc -3.4.6 installation help

Hi, I want to install the gcc-3.4.6 on solaris 9.5 , in order to compile perl 5.8.8 . I have the following packages . gcc-3.4.6.tar ibiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local.gz gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local libiconv-1.11.tar.gz Where can I find the necessary documents or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

7. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

8. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

10. Programming

Can't get 'gcc' to work

On a SCO Unix system, the gcc command returns gcc: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected regardless of what else in on the command line. Thus far I have added "INCLUDE=" and the path to stdio.h which only had an include statement to ast_stdio.h to my start up procedure. I am trying to update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies
HARDENED-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-CC(1)

NAME
hardened-cc - gcc wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual when DEB_BUILD_HARDENING is set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_STACKPROTECTOR=0 Disable stack overflow protection. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Disable read-only linker sections. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORTIFY=0 Don't fortify several standard functions. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_PIE=0 Don't build position independent executables. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT=0 Disable unsafe format string usage errors. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real gcc symlinks are renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
hardened-ld(1) gcc(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-CC(1)