Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed replace characters not equal to an expression Post 302350210 by pludi on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 05:36:57 AM
Old 09-03-2009
Code:
perl -e 'while(<>){ while(/(%S_[A-Z]+)\b/g){ $seen{$1}=1;}} foreach (sort keys %seen){print $_,"\n";}' test.txt
%S_DBID
%S_EED
%S_MSG
%S_OBJID

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace control characters using sed?

How can I use sed to replace a ctrl character such as 'new line' (\0a) to something else? Or any other good command can do this job? Thanks, Hillxy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hillxy
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace words in sed using regular expression

hi, I need to replace all these lines from my text file 123end 234end 324end 234end 989end 258end 924end At the moment I know how to replace "end". But I want to replace the numbers before end as well. How can I do this ? sed s/end/newWord/ myfile.txt newFile.txt thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace special characters

Hi everyone I have file1 contains: '7832' ' 8765 6543 I want a sed command that will format as: '7832' , '8765' , '6543' I tried sed -e s/\'//g -e 's/^*//;s/*$//' file1 > file2 sed -e :a -e '$!N; s/\n/ /; ta' file2 which gives: 7832 8765 6543 I need some help to continue with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace the matching pattern with equal number of spaces

Hi I have written a shell script which used sed code below sed -i 's/'"$Pattern"'/ /g' $FileName I want to count the length of Pattern and replace it with equal number of spaces in the FileName. I have used $(#pattern) to get the length but could not understand how to replace... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 2: extra characters after command

Greetings.. getting the error while execution of the script, correct where i am missing #!/bin/bash DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d:::%H:%M` HOSTNAME=`hostname` TXT="/log/temp.txt" LOGPATH="/log1/commanlogs/" IP=`/sbin/ifconfig | grep -i inet| head -n1| awk '{print $2}'| awk -F : '{print $2}'`... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju98458
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does this sed expression to remove non-alpha characters work?

Hello! I know that this expression gets rid of non-alphanumeric characters: sed 's///g' and I understand that it is replacing them with nothing - hence the '//'-, but I don't understand how it's doing it. It seems it's finding strings that begin with alphanumeric and replacing them with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgnersoon2be#1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to replace right part of equal sign (=) on a line

Hello. Using a bash script , I have a variable name for the file I want to modify FILE_TO_EDIT="/etc/my_config_file"And I have a variable name for the parameter to change PARAMETER="fallback_node" PARAMETER_NEW_VALUE="http://my_server_name.com/new_path" A config file may contain : 1°)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace characters infile with sed

I have several files in a directory that look like this: jacket-n r potential-n - outcome-n f reputation-n b I want to replace the characters in the second column with certain numbers. For instance, I want the letters 'f', 'r' and 'b' in the second column to replaced with 0 and I want the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owwow14
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all but the first 3 characters with sed?

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but for some reason I am struggling with the solution. I simply want to replace all characters after the first 3 characters with another character, preferably with sed. Thanks in advance. Like this, but producing the proper number of *'s: sed... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: leolson
30 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace characters using a wildcard

Hello, I have some data that looks like the following, > <SALTDATA> (OVS0199262) HCl > <IDNUMBER> (OVS0199262) OVS0199262 > <SUPPLIER> (OVS0199262) TimTec > <EMAIL> (OVS0199262) info@timtec.net > <WEBSITE> (OVS0199262) http://www.timtec.net I need to remove the data in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
ModPerl::Code(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					ModPerl::Code(3pm)

NAME
$class::Const - Perl Interface for $class Constants SYNOPSIS
CONSTANTS
EOF my $groups = $data{$class}; for my $group (sort keys %$groups) { print $fh <<"EOF"; ":$group" use $class::Const -compile qw(:$group); The ":$group" group is for XXX constants. EOF for my $const (sort @{ $groups->{$group} }) { print $fh "=head3 C<$class::$const> "; } } print $fh "=cut "; } } sub generate_constants_lookup_doc { my ($data) = @_; while (my ($class, $groups) = each %$Apache2::ConstantsTable) { my $constants = [map { @$_ } values %$groups]; constants_lookup_code_doc($constants, $class, $data); } } sub generate_constants_group_lookup_doc { my ($data) = @_; while (my ($class, $groups) = each %$Apache2::ConstantsTable) { constants_group_lookup_code_doc($class, $groups, $data); } } sub constants_group_lookup_code_doc { my ($class, $groups, $data) = @_; my @tags; my @code; while (my ($group, $constants) = each %$groups) { $data->{$class}{$group} = [ map { my @ifdef = constants_ifdef($_); s/^($constant_prefixes)_?//o; $seen_const{$class}{$_}++; $_; } @$constants ]; } } sub constants_lookup_code_doc { my ($constants, $class, $data) = @_; my (%switch, %alias); %alias = %shortcuts; my $postfix = lc $class; my $package = $class . '::'; my $package_len = length $package; my $func = canon_func(qw(constants lookup), $postfix); for (@$constants) { if (s/^($constant_prefixes)(_)?//o) { $alias{$_} = join $2 || "", $1, $_; } else { $alias{$_} ||= $_; } next unless /^([A-Z])/; push @{ $switch{$1} }, $_; } for my $key (sort keys %switch) { my $names = $switch{$key}; for my $name (@$names) { my @ifdef = constants_ifdef($alias{$name}); push @{ $data->{$class}{other} }, $name unless $seen_const{$class}{$name} } } } sub generate_exports { my ($self, $c_fh) = @_; require ModPerl::WrapXS; ModPerl::WrapXS->generate_exports($c_fh); } # src/modules/perl/*.c files needed to build APR/APR::* outside # of mod_perl.so sub src_apr_ext { return map { "modperl_$_" } (qw(error bucket), map { "common_$_" } qw(util log)); } 1; __END__ NAME
ModPerl::Code - Generate mod_perl glue code SYNOPSIS
use ModPerl::Code (); my $code = ModPerl::Code->new; $code->generate; DESCRIPTION
This module provides functionality for generating mod_perl glue code. Reason this code is generated rather than written by hand include: consistency thin and clean glue code enable/disable features (without #ifdefs) adapt to changes in Apache experiment with different approaches to gluing AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 ModPerl::Code(3pm)