Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: accessing HBA details
Operating Systems Solaris accessing HBA details Post 302350207 by beginningDBA on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 05:29:06 AM
Old 09-03-2009
accessing HBA details

Hi all,

I managed to get WWN port number & node from trying on
luxadm -e port
luxadm -e dump_map <device>

I wanted to ask how can i get additional information such as company name, size etc of the HBA? Is it possible to get it through command? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to get HBA details in Solaris 9 ?

Hi , How can I collect information about any Hardware , specially HBA (Host Bus Adapter) .... I tried prtdiag but it is not shoing the HBA details. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
4 Replies

2. Solaris

HBA Card

Hello...I got a problem here. I have HBAs installed in one of the domains in E20 and I gotta find out the brand and firmware. But when I do a prtconf, I cannot see the HBA. For other servers installed with HBAs, when I do prtconf on them I can see either qlc or em. Can you guys enlighten me how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
5 Replies

3. Solaris

What is an HBA..?

Helo experts What is an HBA? How can i know about that on any server? Thanx in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to get the details and number of HBA cards

Hiii... Every one.... I want to know the command to get the details and number of HBA cards attached to a server. I know that we can use "powermt display", but nither my cards are connected to the storage nor powerpath is active. I am using SUN server with Solaris -9. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA performance

Hope I'm in the right place. I'm in the process of zoning HBA's to my new library environment. Is there a "rule of thumb" for the number of physical tape drives that you zone to an HBA? I don't want to run the risk of overloading an HBA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

7. Solaris

hba speed Solaris 9

Hello, In Solaris 10 I can use fcinfo to find what speed the hba ports are running at, am I able to find this out using Solaris 9? I have tried a few variations on luxadm but cant find anything relevant. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

8. Solaris

HBA problem...? at SF V890

Dear All, I need your help. I have server like this SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 with messages like this... Oct 10 17:07:52 iscsi: NOTICE: unrecognized ioctl 0x403 Oct 10 17:07:52 scsi: WARNING: /pseudo/fcp@0 (fcp0): Oct 10 17:07:52 Invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)