Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to limit the search to 'n' occurrences within a line Post 302350186 by thegeek on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 04:16:58 AM
Old 09-03-2009
A slight modification in the Vi-Curious does the trick.

Code:
perl -nle '{print "$_[0] $_[1]" if (@_ = $_ =~ /hello/g) }' b.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep line length limit

Hi Friends, I am having a funny problem with grep. When I run grep 'expr' file.txt things work fine. But when try to get the line number using the -n option, i.e, grep -n 'expr' file.txt I get a message, "grep: 0652-226 Maximum line length of 2048 exceeded." If the line has more than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Count Occurrences of Pattern in a File

I need to search and count the occurrences of a pattern in a file. The catch here is it's a pattern and not a word ( not necessarily delimited by spaces). For eg. if ABCD is the pattern I need to search and count, it can come in all flavors like (ABCD, ABCD), XYZ.ABCD=100, XYZ.ABCD>=500,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tektips
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace multiple occurrences on the same line, but not all

Hi there! I am really enjoying working with sed. I am trying to come up with a sed command to replace some occurrences (not all) in the same line, for instance: I have a command which the output will be: 200.300.400.5 0A 0B 0C 01 02 03 being that the last 6 strings are actually one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: how to limit pattern search to first instance only

I need to reduce a file's size below 50MB by deleting chucks of text. The following sed does this. sed '/^begpattern/,/endpattern/d' myfile However, it's possible that the file size can get below 50MB by just deleting the first instance of the pattern. How do I code that into sed? Or can awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariod1049
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep by limit search

Hi I am in new in unix,can any one tell how to grep the data by limit. suppose I have below data:- is :mSecs is :mSecs is :mSecs is :mSecs requirement is how to grep the data which is having count greater than 1000 msecs only. thanks in adnavce. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies

7. Programming

Limit line for perl

Hey guys, can help me out with this? How do i limit output for xml to 50 character? i tried *below* but doesnt work, it still print more than 50 characters. Thanks in advance printf "%-50s", "$testline\n"; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search number of occurrences of a particular string in a file through vi editor?

i have one file, i am doing 'vi Filename' now i want to search for particular string and i want to know how many times that string occurs in whole file (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelsadan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed REGEX to print multiple occurrences of a pattern from a line

I have a line that I need to parse through and extract a pattern that occurs multiple times in it. Example line: getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple occurrences of the same pattern on a line but the first

The lines that I am trying to format look like Device ID: j01-01, IP address: 10.10.10.36, IP address: 10.10.10.35, IP address: 10.10.102.201, Platform: 8040, Capabilities: Host , Interface: GigabitEthernet9/45, Port ID (outgoing port): e0k,Here is what I have so far but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)