Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete block of text in one file based on list in another file Post 302350109 by thegeek on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 08:57:16 PM
Old 09-02-2009
Following implementation can help you out...

Code:
open IN, "<t1";
while(<IN>)  {
	chomp;
	$hash{$_} = 1;
}
$i = 0;
while(<>)  {
	if ( $_ !~ /^$/ )  {
		#print ">$_";
		$array[$i++] = $_;
		next;
	}
	if ( $i != 0 )  {
		$key = (split / /, $array[1])[3];
		chomp($key);
		print join '', @array if defined $hash{$key};
		$i  = 0;
	}
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to delete a file based on existing file in a directory

hi i am having four files in a directory.like 1)sampleRej 2)exampleRej 3)samplemain 4)examplemain my requirement is i have to search for the rejected files (sampleRej,exampleRej) in a directory.if these files in that directory then i have to delete the main files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line in file based on data in another file

Hi there I would like to create a shell script to do the following: - delete a line in file1 if it contains the data string in file2 eg: file1 1 100109942004051510601703694 0.00 0.00 2 100109942004051510601702326 0.00 0.00 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earth_goddess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel delete based flag from text file

Hi, I need a unix shell script for this requirement and is URGENT My input text file contains A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-2 F-3 G-3 H-3 I-3 J-4 K-4 L-5 My expected result should be: if flag is 1, it has to delete A, B, C if flag is 2, it has to delete D,E if flag is 3, it has to delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moses_a
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for replacing text in a file based on list

Hi All, I am fairly new to the world of Unix, and I am looking for a way to replace a line of text in a file with a delimited array of values. I have an aliases file that is currently in use on our mail server that we are migrating off of. Until the migration is complete, the server must stay... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenixjc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of list of user based on a text file In LDAP UNIX server

Dear All, It would be really nice, if you could help me to write a script for deletion of list of user( more than 15000 users) stored in a file and sorted by email address( i need deletion of only a particular type of mail address). Is the any script to write and take the file as input and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
3 Replies
kva_match(3SECDB)				  Security Attributes Database Library Functions				 kva_match(3SECDB)

NAME
kva_match - look up a key in a key-value array SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file...- lsecdb [ library... ] #include <secdb.h> char *kva_match(kva_t *kva, char *key); DESCRIPTION
The kva_match() function searches a kva_t structure, which is part of the authattr_t, execattr_t, profattr_t, or userattr_t structures. The function takes two arguments: a pointer to a key value array, and a key. If the key is in the array, the function returns a pointer to the first corresponding value that matches that key. Otherwise, the function returns NULL. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the function returns a pointer to the value sought. Otherwise, it returns NULL. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getauthattr(3SECDB), getexecattr(3SECDB), getprofattr(3SECDB), getuserattr(3SECDB) NOTES
The kva_match() function returns a pointer to data that already exists in the key-value array. It does not allocate its own memory for this pointer but obtains it from the key-value array that is passed as its first argument. SunOS 5.10 12 Aug 1999 kva_match(3SECDB)