Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which process is doing all the writing Post 302350050 by zxmaus on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 04:34:50 PM
Old 09-02-2009
I assume that is where journaling is done - I don't know much about unidata but as far as I understand this is a bit like the redo-logs. If you have a bad distribution of your filesystems, this can easily produce a hot disk.

filemon and fileplace commands could give you more information about what is on the disk - and if you have nmon on your box, you can sort by IO or you can use
Code:
ps vx | head -1; ps vx | grep -v PID | sort -rn +4 | head -10

to find your top IO consumer processes.

Hope that helps
kind regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which Process is writing this Log file!!

Hello , Well I have some /tmp files which are growing very quickly..Can anyone suggest me a way to find which process is logging into this file :confused: ? Thanks very much in Advance!! Mohammed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What process is writing to disk?

What program can I use to determine what process is writing to disk? I've got a Linux server and iostat reports something is writing to the system drive: Device: rrqm/s wrqm/s r/s w/s rsec/s wsec/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz await svctm %util sda 0.00 169.83 ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng
1 Replies

8. Open Source

Help with writing Shell Script to automate process using multiple commands

Hello! Need help to write a Linux script that can be run from windows using command/Cygwin/any other way. I am new to scripting, actually i am trying to automate server health check like free disk space, memory along with few services status, if any services is not running then start services ,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sayed Ibrahim
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
SVK::Command::Log(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SVK::Command::Log(3)

NAME
SVK::Command::Log - Show log messages for revisions SYNOPSIS
log DEPOTPATH log PATH log -r N[:M] [DEPOT]PATH OPTIONS
-r [--revision] ARG : ARG (some commands also take ARG1:ARG2 range) A revision argument can be one of: "HEAD" latest in repository {DATE} revision at start of the date NUMBER revision number NUMBER@ interpret as remote revision number NUM1:NUM2 revision range Unlike other commands, negative NUMBER has no meaning. -l [--limit] REV : stop after displaying REV revisions -q [--quiet] : Don't display the actual log message itself -x [--cross] : track revisions copied from elsewhere -v [--verbose] : print extra information --xml : display the log messages in XML format --filter FILTER : select revisions based on FILTER --output FILTER : display logs using the given FILTER DESCRIPTION
Display the log messages and other meta-data associated with revisions. SVK provides a flexible system allowing log messages and other revision properties to be displayed and processed in many ways. This flexibility comes through the use of "log filters." Log filters are of two types: selection and output. Selection filters determine which revisions are included in the output, while output filters determine how the information about those revisions is displayed. Here's a simple example. These two invocations produce equivalent output: svk log -l 5 //local/project svk log --filter "head 5" --output std //local/project The "head" filter chooses only the first revisions that it encounters, in this case, the first 5 revisions. The "std" filter displays the revisions using SVK's default output format. Selection filters can be connected together into pipelines. For example, to see the first 3 revisions with log messages containing the string 'needle', we might do this svk log --filter "grep needle | head 3" //local/project That example introduced the "grep" filter. The argument for the grep filter is a valid Perl pattern (with any '|' characters as '|' and '' as '\'). A revision is allowed to continue to the next stage of the pipeline if the revision's log message matches the pattern. If we wanted to search only the first 10 revisions for 'needle' we could use either of the following commands svk log --filter "head 10 | grep needle" //local/project svk log -l 10 --filter "grep needle" //local/project You may change SVK's default output filter by setting the SVKLOGOUTPUT environment. See svk help environment for details. Standard Filters The following log filters are included with the standard SVK distribution: Selection : grep, head, author Output : std, xml For detailed documentation about any of these filters, try "perldoc SVK::Log::Filter::Name" where "Name" is "Grep", "Head", "XML", etc.. Other log filters are available from CPAN <http://search.cpan.org> by searching for "SVK::Log::Filter". For details on writing log filters, see the documentation for the SVK::Log::Filter module. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Command::Log(3)