Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I check UDP connection to other server? Post 302349971 by Corona688 on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 11:52:17 AM
Old 09-02-2009
UDP is connectionless, so there's no way to tell whether it gets through except the normal response from the server. By connectionless, I mean that each UDP data packet is sent individually and separately, like tossed paper airplanes Smilie There's no setup phase like TCP, you just send and it either works or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

concurrent udp server

Just like concurrent tcp server, anyone know how to design the concurrent udp server with the thread? it's best to give some basic examples,thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOW to create UDP Concurrent Server

HI I want to create a UDP concurrent server can any one give the code for UDP concurrent server (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanikya
8 Replies

4. Programming

Print server via UDP

Hello, I would like to ask you for a help. I need to program in C print server which is based on connectionless protocol UDP. The problem is that I am not experienced in programming network applications, I can help myself with some other answered questions on this forum about network apps in C,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samciz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UDP server on Solaris 9

So I am attempting to implement a UDP server on an older Solaris 9 box; the server will be handling packets at a rate of about 12/sec and will be constructing acknowledgment messages on the fly. I've found snippets of sample code here and there on the net... should I be writing this from scratch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allbread
1 Replies

6. Programming

UDP linux client and Windows server

Hi, I have a situation where i need to communicate a linux client with a windows server, I am using a UDP socket communication channel. I am able to send packets from my linux clients to the windows server but unable to receive any data packet from the server. Do i need to make any setting in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John20
0 Replies

7. Programming

socket programming using UDP connection

I want to send packets through single socket() but using two different port numbers in UDP. Anybody give some idea on this. Thanks in advance.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh046
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to create a multi-chat server using UDP?

Hifriends I have a doubt . how to create a multi-chat server using UDP which can run on MAC systems.. Thank u in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babbu25
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check UDP port example = 31011?

We have open port UDP port 31011, how to verify if port were working or traffic were receive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtalan
2 Replies

10. Programming

Clients - Server ( UDP )

Hello, I have a question: I want to create a n client to one server connection. This is the client-server algorithm. Enybody help to make the changes? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaHmur
0 Replies
GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)

NAME
gnunet-nat-server - help GNUnet setup test network setup with NAT SYNOPSIS
gnunet-nat-server [options] PORT DESCRIPTION
Normal GNUnet end-users should not concern themselves with gnunet-nat-server. In fact, distributions are encouraged to consider not ship- ping it at all. Running gnunet-nat-server's is similar to running hostlist servers: it is a special service to the community with special requirements and no benefit to those running the service. This program will listen on the specified PORT for incoming requests to test a peer's network connectivity. Incoming requests can ask it to connect to a given IPv4 address (and port) using TCP or UDP and to send a 2-byte test message using the specified address. The program can also be asked to send a "fake" ICMP response message to a given IPv4 address (for autonomous NAT traversal --- see the description in the respective research paper). The idea is that gnunet-nat-server will be run on some trusted hosts with unrestricted connectivity to allow GNUnet users to test their network configuration. As written, the code allows any user on the Internet to cause the gnunet-nat-server to send 2-bytes of arbitrary data to any TCP or UDP port at any address. We believe that this is generally harmless. When running gnunet-nat-server, make sure to use a configuration that disables most NAT options but enables 'enable_nat_client' and sets 'internal_address' to the global IP address of your local host. Also, the gnunet-helper-nat-client should be installed locally and run with root privileges (SUID), otherwise the gnunet-nat-server will not work properly. Note that gnunet-nat-server could be run via gnunet-arm but typically is not. Also, the name of the host and port that gnunet-nat-server is run on should be specified in the NATSERVER option in the [setup] section of the configuration file of hosts that are supposed to auto- configure with this server. OPTIONS
-c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-transport(1) GNUnet 25 Feb 2012 GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)