Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 5.8 - BinaryFile - Endianness Post 302349918 by jlliagre on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 08:35:14 AM
Old 09-02-2009
A binary hexadecimal editor is of no use with a structured binary file which I guess yours is.

That's not the whole file that you need to convert but only the various portions of potentially various size that are spread out at various locations.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know endianness of a machine

hi I have a ubuntu machine and want to know the endianness of the system.... How would i get to know..... The information of my machine is: uname -a 42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:50 UTC 201 1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux and lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Singlaa
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies

5. AIX

IBM TDS/SDS (LDAP) - can I mix endianness among servers in an instance ?

I'd like to add some x/linux-based servers to my current AIX-based TDS/SDS server community. Reading the Fine Install Guide (rtfig ?) I believe this may be covered by the section "Upgrade an instance of a previous version to a different computer" i.e. I'm going to install latest/greatest SDS on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
4 Replies
btohex(3TSOL)					       Trusted Extensions Library Functions					     btohex(3TSOL)

NAME
btohex, bsltoh, bcleartoh, bsltoh_r, bcleartoh_r, h_alloc, h_free - convert binary label to hexadecimal SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> char *bsltoh(const m_label_t *label); char *bcleartoh(const m_label_t *clearance); char *bsltoh_r(const m_label_t *label, char *hex); char *bcleartoh_r(const m_label_t *clearance, char *hex); char *h_alloc(const unsigned char type); void h_free(char *hex); DESCRIPTION
These functions convert binary labels into hexadecimal strings that represent the internal value. The bsltoh() and bsltoh_r() functions convert a binary sensitivity label into a string of the form: [0xsensitivity_label_hexadecimal_value] The bcleartoh() and bcleartoh_r() functions convert a binary clearance into a string of the form: 0xclearance_hexadecimal_value The h_alloc() function allocates memory for the hexadecimal value type for use by bsltoh_r() and bcleartoh_r(). Valid values for type are: SUN_SL_ID label is a binary sensitivity label. SUN_CLR_ID label is a binary clearance. The h_free() function frees memory allocated by h_alloc(). RETURN VALUES
These functions return a pointer to a string that contains the result of the translation, or (char *)0 if the parameter is not of the required type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The bsltoh(), bcleartoh(), bsltoh_r(), bcleartoh_r(), h_alloc(), and h_free() functions are Obsolete. Use the label_to_str(3TSOL) function instead. The bsltoh() and bcleartoh() functions share the same statically allocated string storage. They are not MT-Safe. Subsequent calls to any of these functions will overwrite that string with the newly translated string. The bsltoh_r() and bcleartoh_r() functions should be used in multithreaded applications. SEE ALSO
atohexlabel(1M), hextoalabel(1M),label_to_str(3TSOL), libtsol(3LIB), attributes(5), labels(5) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 btohex(3TSOL)