Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep & awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep & awk Post 302349836 by *Jess* on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 03:25:24 AM
Old 09-02-2009
grep & awk

Hi all,

I'm figuring on how to grep only specific data I want below:

Bin Total %
----- ------- -----
1 15 42.9

Bin Total %
----- ------- -----
2 15 80

Bin Total %
----- ------- -----
3 20 80

I would only want the % which is 42.9 on bin 1, to output this 42.9 into a txt file.

By using awk '{print $3}' > abc.txt it displays the entire column 3. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Version && nextfile

How can I find which version of Awk is installed? OpSystem is HPUX 11.x I am getting an error when trying to use the keyword nextfile and I dont know why! (Well, I can only assume that I have am using a version of Awk that does not support nextfile. However, according to O'Reilly, nextfile is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar & Grep together

Hi, I've got dozens of tar's with two files in each one, live_access_log & live_error_log (one tar for each day, backups). The probelm is i need to match a pattern in all of the archive_access_log files and output the line to a seperate file (All_access.log). I.e. I need to get details... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom123
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & grep - check for a value and write sub-word

Hi people, I have a file status.txt: Following 6 ports are totally or partially unavailable: ------------------------------------------------------------ MOD LINK PORTNAMES STAT1 STAT2 STAT3 SYN TYPE ------------------------------------------------------------ 8 Pr37 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (gawk) grep & columns

Hi, I'm working with gawk (on DOS) today. A goal is: find a string for-instance '123', cut a line in two columns and write second one. The problem is: command line works OK, awk file doesn't. But I would like to work with file because there are many strings to find. input: line command: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies
RIFIUTI2(1)					      A MS Windows recycle bin analysis tool					       RIFIUTI2(1)

NAME
rifiuti2 - A MS Windows recycle bin analysis tool SYNOPSIS
rifiuti [ -x ] [ -tnl8 ] [ -o outfile ] filename rifiuti-vista [ -x ] [ -n8 ] [ -o outfile ] file_or_directory DESCRIPTION
Rifiuti2 is a rewrite of rifiuti, a great tool from Foundstone folks for analyzing Windows Recycle Bin INFO2 file. Analysis of Windows Recycle Bin is usually carried out during Windows computer forensics. Rifiuti2 can extract file deletion time, original path and size of deleted files and whether the deleted files have been moved out from the recycle bin since they are trashed. Rifiuti2 supports the INFO2 file format found in Windows up to Windows XP and the new file format found in Vista, and the program is fully internationalized. If you need to analyse recycle bins of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, you should use the rifiuti-vista command, for other Windows plat- forms, you should use the rifiuti command. Quoting from original Foundstone page: Many computer crime investigations require the reconstruction of a subject's Recycle Bin. Since this analysis technique is executed regularly, we researched the structure of the data found in the Recycle Bin repository files (INFO2 files). Rifiuti, the Italian word meaning "trash", was developed to examine the contents of the INFO2 file in the Recycle Bin. ... Rifiuti is built to work on multiple platforms and will execute on Windows (through Cygwin), Mac OS X, Linux, and *BSD platforms." Since the original rifiuti (last updated 2004) is restricted to English version of Windows (fail to analyze any non-latin character), thus this rewrite. But it does more: * Supports Windows in any other languages besides English * Supports Vista and 2008 (they don't use INFO2 file any more) * Enables localization (that is, translatable) * More rigorous error checking * Supports output in XML format OPTIONS
These are plain text output options: -t --delimiter=STRING String to use as delimiter (TAB by default) -n --no-heading Don't show header -l --legacy-filename Show legacy filename instead of unicode -8 --always-utf8 Always show file names in UTF-8 encoding These are general application Options: -o --output=FILE Write output to FILE -x --xml Output in XML format (-t, -n, -l, -8 options will have no effect) --from-encoding=ENC The assumed file name character set when no unicode file name is present in INFO2 record (mandatory if INFO2 file is created by Win98, useless otherwise) COPYRIGHT
Part of the work of Rifiuti2 is derived from Rifiuti, both pieces of software are licensed under the simplified BSD license. AUTHOR
The main author of Rifiuti2 is Abel Cheung, and Anthony Wong helps in some packaging and documentation work (like this manpage). The orig- inal author of Rifiuti is Keith J Jones. 0.5.0 2008-11-21 RIFIUTI2(1)