Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with egrep command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with egrep command Post 302349835 by oky on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 03:19:50 AM
Old 09-02-2009
if u r looking for exact search of ACL u can try this

egrep -i "^ACL$" <inputfile>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep command

I'd like to grep a pattern of a version number as *_number.number.number number should be digit my grep is |egrep '^*++\.+' It works for V_3.2.1 or V _5.3.2 but not with V_43.6.543 !!!!! How can I specify any repetition of digit in the ? thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annelisa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding egrep command

Hi All, I am having a query regarding the usage of egrep command. i am having two unix environmanets in environment when i am using "egrep -f" it is working fine and other unix environment i am getting a syntax error. Please let me know if i need to set any environmane variables. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep -w command by reading from file

Dear All, I want to get the rows from file1.txt whose first column is exactly as the numbers (not subset) from file1.txt. so, i have to read by line from file1.txt and search in file2.txt. So the first column of the output must be the same as the file1.txt. I used % egrep -w -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep command and order

Hi All, Here is my question. I have two files, file1.txt and file2.txt. I need the line number (index number) of file2.txt where the words in file1.txt appear. But they have to be in the same order as file1.txt. In example, file1.txt Z K A ... T file2.txt W A Q R (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

cat /tmp/inventory.csv|grep AARP|egrep -v "T11|12.4\(7\)" how do i exclude in addition to above 12.4\(3\) I have tried adding this in i.e -v "T11|12.4\(7\)|12.4\(3\)" but it did not work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

Hello folks, Here's how my current egrep command works: egrep "NY|DC|LA|VA|MD" state_data.txt I am planning to use a file to enter all allowable state values like say a new state_names.lookup with the following data: NY DC LA VA MD egrep "`cat state_names.lookup`"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in egrep command in file

Hi Guys, I need hepl on egrep commnad I have one file and i need grep only specific lines.. EX: 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 03:18:56 M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to use fgrep and egrep in a single command

I have a source file which is something like : C/*M/ / ***HMACCT ** MONTH FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*D/ / ***HMACCT ** DAY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*X/ / ***HMACCT ** CENTURY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*Y/ / ***HMACCT **... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep command is not working for me

my file is below REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request Failed to create the request in not easy I know how REREGISTERcommand i run is egrep 'REREGISTER|Failed|to|create|the|request' test1 expected output REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request i should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep -v command not filtering correctly

Hello guys, I have an issue when trying to do an egrep -v on a file, let me show you. I want to filter the last column as to where it filters out the columns with asterisks and zeros ( * and 0 ) it is working properly up to a certain point where I have a value of '10000' which is also getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evergreen
3 Replies
ZIPGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							ZIPGREP(1)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1), zip(1), funzip(1), zipcloak(1), zipinfo(1), zipnote(1), zipsplit(1) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1)