Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert this file using awk Post 302349827 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 02:37:11 AM
Old 09-02-2009
Code:
local $/=";\n";
open FH,"<a.txt";
while(<FH>){
   my @tmp=split("\n",$_);
   print join ",", map {my @t=split(",",$_); $t[1]=~s/[;\n]//; $t[1];} @tmp[1..$#tmp];
   print "\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a flat file to CSV file

Hi , I have a file with contents as below: Contract Cancellation Report UARCNCL LOS CODE DATE REAS TYPE AMOUNT AMOUNT LETTER BY ========= ======= ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== 8174739 7641509 1S NONE CRCD 30-JUN-2008 NPAR N .00 .00 CCAN 8678696 8091709 1S NONE DDEB 30-JUN-2008... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumudha
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to convert DD-MMM-YY to YYYYMMDD

Hi i need to convert a date in the format DD-Mon-YY to YYYYDDMM Ex : 01-JUL-00 to 20000701 Can anybdy help me with this?? Thanks in advance Shenaz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanu_85
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date with awk

Hi all, I'm fighting with awk because I didn't find any way with other commands :( I need to convert a date from format A to format B : format A : "YYYY MM DD" format B : "DD-MON-YYYY" Exemple : "2010 3 25" => "25-MAR-2010" My main difficulty is to convert the month with something... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to convert input file(s) to output file

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me with some scripting I need to complete using AWK. I'm trying to process multiple fixed files to generate one concatenated fixed file in a standard format. The Input file is:- aaaa bbbbb ccccc 1 xxxx aaa bbb aaaa bbbbb ccccc 2 abcd aaa CCC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
9 Replies

6. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Convert time with AWK

Hi All, I need your help with the following: My input shows the time in this format 1311547776493 I need to convert it (as part of my AWK script) into this format: 18-08-2011 09:35:11.072 Thanks a lot! Royi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royip
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert date format

Could you tell me how to convert the following dates? If I have m/d/yyyy, I want to have 0m/0d/yyyy. I want my dates to always be 8 digits. In other words, I want a 0 inserted whenever the month or day is a single digit. My issue is first I need to use FS="," to get field $4 for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 columns into matrix -awk?

How can i convert two columns in to o and 1 matrix. thnks Input a c1 b c2 c c1 d c3 e c4 output c1 c2 c3 c4 a 1 0 0 0 b 0 1 0 0 c 1 0 0 0 d 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)