Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring trap in etc/profile and user .profile Post 302349794 by Smith on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 08:58:11 PM
Old 09-01-2009
Thank you very much, BubbaJoe.

I search more and found some link

InformIT: Solaris 10 System Administration Exam Prep: Managing System Processes > Using Signals
Safari Books Online - 0789729229 - Solaris? 9 Training Guide (CX-310-014 & CX-310-015): System Administrator Certification

Code:
Table 5.12. Signals Available Under Solaris
Signal	Number	Description
SIGHUP	1	Hangup. Usually means that the controlling terminal has been disconnected.
SIGINT	2	Interrupt. The user can generate this signal by pressing Ctrl+C or Delete.
SIGQUIT	3	Quits the process and produces a core dump.

As far as I understand, TRAP 1 means that it will detect the signal that I was disconnected from the system by hangup the modem (I think because the dial-up or ADSL connection is lost).

Why do we want to use TRAP 1?? If any user was disconnected because hang up then that user can't access the server isn't it?

Anybody could tell me which value I should set for TRAP in etc/profile and /.profile of each user please?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

7. AIX

Which file has the user profile?

It's been a long time since I've done this and I can't remember which file is needed to edit. I would like to change the prompt for a user on my AIX 5.3 box, but I don't see a .profile file or a rc.ksh file to edit. Which file do I need to edit to get this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the .profile of one user to another.

I want to copy .Profile file from user1 homedirectoryto user2 homedirectory in Aix. Please help me with the process. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)