Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Gurus needed to diagnose severe performance degradation Post 302349781 by methyl on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 07:24:51 PM
Old 09-01-2009
You post that this is Gigabit Ethernet. The fibre connection from your old solution would be better.

First check that all ethernet cards on the server are set to NOT autonegotiate and that none of the ports on the hub/switch are set to autonegotiate and that no port involving your storage device is set to autonegotiate. If you have to change anything, schedule a cold start afterwards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED GURUS - Help!

I wish to substituite a string on each line but ONLY if it appears within double-quotes: this_string="abc#def#geh" # Comment here I wish to change the "#" characters within the double quoted string to "_": this_string="abc_def_geh" # Comment here ... but as you see, the "comment" hash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

2. Solaris

error notification and diagnose

Hi All, How does Solaris 9/10 alert the server? Where do you get the error on the server? Is there some kind of verifying of errors (like in AIX, CERTIFY resources or diagnose)? Please let me know. Thanks, itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Severe Error while starting the System

Dear All, I am facing a unknown error, I start the Linux (RHEL 4 update 6) as usual. After starting the various services(like network,sendmail,portmap etc) a error appears suddenly. The error looks like : Post_create: setxattr failed, rc=28 (dev=hda2 ino=772685) Post_create: setxattr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance degradation with KSH93

Hi, I have a script that calls an external program to perform some calculations and then I read with "grep" and "sed" values from the output files. I've noticed that performance of KSH93 degrades with every iteration. The output files are all the same size, so I don't understand why after the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.f.schulz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance monitoring help needed.

How would i check for following? 1)open ports in my linux machine. 2)Hard disk read speed. 3)Hard disk write speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. AIX

Diagnose high disk write IO

Hi, say for example if there is high disk write IO in one disk (detected from NMON), how to we identify what processes is writing on that particular disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Severe performance issue while 'grep'ing on large volume of data

Background ------------- The Unix flavor can be any amongst Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and Linux. I have below 2 flat files. File-1 ------ Contains 50,000 rows with 2 fields in each row, separated by pipe. Row structure is like Object_Id|Object_Name, as following: 111|XXX 222|YYY 333|ZZZ ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to diagnose the network

i have learnt a little bit of shell scripting but not alot. i want to write a script to diagnose the network using ping and another script to traceroute. how would i do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefanere2k9
6 Replies

9. AIX

Ld: 0711-851 SEVERE ERROR:

I need to install python 3.3.0 to AIX 6.1 I created folder where I want to install I downloaded files archive from python official website I extracted it into new folder and ran; 1)./configure --with-gcc="xlc_r" --with-cxx="xlC_r" --disable-ipv6 --prefix=my_folder CXX=xlC_r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)