Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search Engine in C
Top Forums Programming Search Engine in C Post 302349773 by semash! on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 06:58:29 PM
Old 09-01-2009
Yes, the page is correctly configured, if i load it directly in the URL it shows perfectly, but when it's loaded by htsearch.cgi, then it doesn't show the css attributes...

I know it's kinda insane to "reinvent the wheel", but its my desperate solution. i've tried everything with htdig, modified the header.html, footer.html, wrapper.html, nomatch.html, changed the $(common_dir) variable, copied the .css header everywhere, everything!

I think it might be that htsearch.cgi doesn't recognize the html "type="text/css" value, or something like that... i've set the "link href="file.css" in hundreds of ways... tried direct path "/srv/www/htdocs/htdig/file.css", local path "file.css", etc. copied it to the root directory, cgi-bin directory, htdig directory, pff...

And i can't use it as example because it's programmed in C++, and i don't have a clue of it...

Thank you very much pludi.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Engine

How do you write a search engline to search offline scripts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Search Engine

Hey guys. I have a quick question. My friends and I are working on a search engine project that will hopefully be up and running by December of 2011. Here's my concern. What programs should I use to create the search engine. Thanks guys! :b: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: OussenkoSearch
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

About search engine in unix

Hello, How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank you in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
10 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

About search engine in unix

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
htdig(1)						      General Commands Manual							  htdig(1)

NAME
htpurge - remove unused odocuments from the database (general maintenance script) SYNOPSIS
htpurge [-][-a][-c configfile][-u][-v] DESCRIPTION
Htpurge functions to remove specified URLs from the databases as well as bad URLs, unretrieved URLs, obsolete documents, etc. It is recom- mended that htpurge be run after htdig to clean out any documents of this sort. OPTIONS - Take URL list from standard input (rather than specified with -u). Format of input file is one URL per line. -a Use alternate work files. Tells htpurge to append .work to database files, causing a second copy of the database to be built. This allows the original files to be used by htsearch during the run. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default. -u URL Add this URL to the list of documents to remove. Must be specified multiple times if more than one URL are to be removed. Should nor be used together with -. -v Verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful for debugging purposes. The default verbose mode (using only one -v) gives a nice progress report while digging. FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdigconfig(8) , htdig(1) and htmerge(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Robert Ribnitz, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. January 2004 htdig(1)