Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Match pattern and replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match pattern and replace Post 302349755 by sol_nov on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 12:05:51 AM
Old 09-03-2009
Say we have a list file with the following

file1

ABC_BASE ${base}
ABC_ACC ${acc}
ABC_TEST ${test}
01-01-2006 ${from_dt}
01-15-2006 ${to_dt}

file 2

contains the sql

My idea is, it has to match with the tags and replace apporopriately, I mean like
search for /*<base>*/ and replace the ABC_BASE with ${base} from the list file1

---------- Post updated 09-02-09 at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous update was 09-01-09 at 05:05 PM ----------

It has to find the pattern from the list file and replace accordingly

---------- Post updated at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:28 PM ----------

I have tried using sed, but I am not getting how to get it from the file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 1 word after pattern match

Hi, Here is my pattern CREATE USER LZ IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'A0144280ESD70' DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP1 PROFILE DEVELOPER_D_1 ACCOUNT UNLOCK / The Sed command must look for the Line that contains TEMPORARY TABLESPACE and replace the immediate word... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and replace with string

hi guys, insert into /*<new>*/abc_db.tbl_name this is should be replaced to insert into /*<new>*/${new}.tbl_name it should use '.' as delimiter and replace is there any way to do it using sed (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace pattern after the first pattern match

I need this. aaa OOOOO bbb ccc OOOOO ddd fff ggg OOOOO iii OOOOO I need all OOOOO replaced with PPPPP, but only change after the pattern ggg. So the first two OOOOO should not be changed. OUTPUT should be :- aaa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and replace another pattern in same line

I have a pattern username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/bin/bash I need to match the line containing username and replace /bin/bash with /usr/local/my/bin/noshell So it becomes username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/usr/local/my/bin/noshell (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace line based on specific pattern match

Input file data20714 7327 7366 detail data20714 7327 7366 main data250821 56532 57634 detail data250821 57527 57634 main data250821 57359 57474 main data250821 57212 57301 main data250821 57140 57159 detail data250821 56834 57082 main data250821 56708 56779 main ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a Pattern & Replace The value Using AWK

I have a csv file in which i have to search a particular string and replace the data in any column with something else. How do i do it using awk. file ------ 2001,John,USA,MN,20101001,29091.50,M,Active,Y 2002,Mike,USA,NY,20090130,342.00,M,Pending,N... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern match and replace

I have a file containing a multiple lines of the format sddfdsf_gaf/ywrtrtwrt_gaf ghfghfgh_ert/xcvxcvcv_ert werwerwwerw_adf/jkhjkhjkjhkjhk_adf I am interested in only the first 3 letters following the "_" character and make those 3 letters uppercase after extraction. So would like to convert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with pattern match using Perl

I have to replace a line, if it has a pattern for example Suppose file.out contains: <tr><td class="cB">Hello</td><td class="cB">1245</td><td class="cB">958</td><td class="cRB">1.34</td><td class="cRB">1.36</td></tr> <tr><td class="cB">world</td><td class="cB">3256</td><td... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If pattern match, replace it with #

This command is not working for me. awk '{if ($1 == server) {$1 = #server} }' /etc/ntp.conf # grep server /etc/ntp.conf # Use public servers from the pool.ntp.org project. server 0.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server 1.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server 2.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies
REPLACE(1)						       MySQL Database System							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - a string-replacement utility SYNOPSIS
replace arguments DESCRIPTION
The replace utility program changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Note The replace utility is deprecated as of MySQL 5.7.18 and is removed in MySQL 8.0. Invoke replace in one of the following ways: shell> replace from to [from to] ... -- file_name [file_name] ... shell> replace from to [from to] ... < file_name from represents a string to look for and to represents its replacement. There can be one or more pairs of strings. Use the -- option to indicate where the string-replacement list ends and the file names begin. In this case, any file named on the command line is modified in place, so you may want to make a copy of the original before converting it. replace prints a message indicating which of the input files it actually modifies. If the -- option is not given, replace reads the standard input and writes to the standard output. replace uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. It can be used to swap strings. For example, the following command swaps a and b in the given files, file1 and file2: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... replace supports the following options. o -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -#debug_options Enable debugging. o -s Silent mode. Print less information what the program does. o -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.7 06/07/2018 REPLACE(1)