Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tricky file output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers tricky file output Post 302349709 by jbchen on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 04:09:45 PM
Old 09-01-2009
tricky file output

I have a following file, I want to output 2 files. Is that easy to do?

Quote:

"""Name"",""# Day"",""cost"""
"""jacket"",5,2300.0"
"""Items"",""day"",""cost"""
"""jacket"",1,300.0"
"""jacket"",2,500.0"
"""jacket"",3,500.0"
"""jacket"",4,500.0"
"""jacket"",5,500.0"
"""Name"",""# Day"",""cost"""
"""men,sweater"",3,800.0"
"""Items"",""day"",""cost"""
"""men,sweater"",1,300.0"
"""men,sweater"",2,500.0"
"""men,sweater"",3,500.0"

Output 1
Quote:

Name,# Day,Cost
"Jacket",5,2300.0
"men,Sweater",3,800.0
output2
Quote:
Items,day,cost
"Jacket",1,300
"Jacket",2,500
"Jacket",3,500
"Jacket",4,500
"Jacket",5,500
"men,sweater",1,300
"men,sweater",2,500
"men,sweater",3,500
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tricky File Permission Question

I'm trying to answer the following question about file permissions in Unix. Consider a file with the following permissions: rwx---r-- I am not the owner of this file, but I am a member of the group of this file. My question is: do I have read access to this file? I thought... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hook
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky data manipulation...

Hi everyone.. I am new here, hello.. I hope this doesn't come across to you folks as a stupid question, I'm somewhat new to scripting :) I'm seeking some help in finding a way to manipulate data output for every two characters - example: numbers.lst contains the following output:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explicit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create csv in ksh from tricky log file

hi guys, trying to create a csv from a tricky log file in ksh, using 'awk '{print $1" "$14" "$15" "$16" "$17" "$18" "$19}' >> $TMP_FILE' on another set of files I have an output file with hundreds of lines in which looks like so: ABC_DEFGHI_16_JKLMNP11.20101115_095412_374.log:09:54:29.579... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky GREP question..

I have some large login files that I need to extract (user)@(server) from. Where it gets tricky is that there is usually more than one '@' sign on each line(although it does have a leading space if it's not part of the (user)@(server) string), I need only the (user)@(server) section, I need only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mordaris
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi, I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45 I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45" Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed required

Hi All I need to put some sed together for a task and its a bit advanced for me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could help. I have a csv file with content like this - "","abcde","","" "'","abcde","","" "","","","1234" "'e'","","","" I need to remove any single quotes that fall... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
17 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)