Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing SQL O/P in Unix Script Post 302349664 by pyaranoid on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 12:54:49 PM
Old 09-01-2009
Capturing SQL O/P in Unix Script

Hi,

I would like to run a job based on the output from the SQL output.
Eg: Select count(*) from A ...if count(*) = 1 then execute the next step or else exit.

Please advise.

Thanks

S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call pl/sql in unix script

sample code as following: test_sql(){ #test#echo test_sql str=`$ORACLE_BIN/sqlplus -s $user/$passwd <<EOM set verify off set heading off set feedback off #--------start pl/sql { DECLARE CURSOR pah_cs IS select id from table where letter = 'abcd';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: YoYo
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use parameter in sql script pass from unix script?

Hi, I am unable to use parameter in sql script passed from unix script. my sql script CREATE_SBI_LIST_GROUP.sql is like this - ------------------------------- SELECT SDS.ID "SO_ID", SDS.SO a1, sgp.sga__code SGA_CODE, FROM sga sga,sales_genl_provision sgp , comm_product_condn cpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of Oracle pl/sql in UNIX shell script

Hi, I have basic knowledge on how to write pl/sql code inside shell script. I am looking for more advance thing. Is there any book for that which can just talk about how to write more advance plsql code inside shell script. Please help Thanks!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Oracle SQL Error Codes

My issue pertains to earlier posts like exit unix script after sqlerror in procedure - dBforums SQLPLUS Error Capturing | Unix Linux Forums | Shell Programming and Scripting We are executing PL/SQL blocks from shell scripts using SQLPLUS. The error code has to be captured into a logfile that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sql script from UNIX shell script

I know this question is out there in many forums, but I tried all the combinations in vain. I'm basically trying to call a sql script from a shell script. Below is my sql script (plsql.sql) DELCARE v_empno NUMBER := '&empno'; BEGIN select ename,sal from emp where empno = v_empno;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FName_LName
3 Replies
SLURMSTEPD(8)							 Slurm components						     SLURMSTEPD(8)

NAME
slurmstepd - The job step manager for SLURM. SYNOPSIS
slurmstepd DESCRIPTION
slurmstepd is a job step manager for SLURM. It is spawned by the slurmd daemon when a job step is launched and terminates when the job step does. It is responsible for managing input and output (stdin, stdout and stderr) for the job step along with its accounting and sig- nal processing. slurmstepd should not be initiated by users or system administrators. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2006 The Regents of the University of California. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
slurmd(8) slurmstepd 2.0 September 2006 SLURMSTEPD(8)