Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring trap in etc/profile and user .profile Post 302349634 by Smith on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 11:48:35 AM
Old 09-01-2009
trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello

I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile.

I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing.

I want to know ...

1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set please?
2. Do we still need this value nowaday?
3. How to enhance this value for more secure?

Please help me T_T

Regards,
Smith

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

7. AIX

Which file has the user profile?

It's been a long time since I've done this and I can't remember which file is needed to edit. I would like to change the prompt for a user on my AIX 5.3 box, but I don't see a .profile file or a rc.ksh file to edit. Which file do I need to edit to get this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the .profile of one user to another.

I want to copy .Profile file from user1 homedirectoryto user2 homedirectory in Aix. Please help me with the process. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies
NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)						     Net-SNMP						       NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)

NAME
send_easy_trap, send_trap_vars, send_v2trap - send TRAPs or INFORMs from a Net-SNMP MIB module SYNOPSIS
#include <net-snmp/agent/agent_trap.h> void send_easy_trap(int trap, int specific); void send_trap_vars(int trap, int specific, struct variable_list *vars); void send_v2trap(struct variable_list *vars); DESCRIPTION
These three routines may be used to send traps from a MIB module within the Net-SNMP agent (including an AgentX subagent). send_easy_trap() sends an SNMPv1 trap (or the SNMPv2 equivalent) to the list of configured trap destinations (or "sinks"), using the pro- vided values for the generic trap type, and specific trap value. send_trap_vars() is similar, but appends the supplied list of variable bindings to the traps that are sent. send_v2trap() uses the supplied list of variable bindings to form an SNMPv2 trap, which is sent to SNMPv2-capable sinks on the configured list. An equivalent INFORM is sent to the configuredq list of inform sinks. Sinks that can only handle SNMPv1 traps are skipped. The various "send_trap()" calls allow you to specify traps in different formats. And the various "trapsink" directives allow you to spec- ify destinations to receive different formats. But *all* traps are sent to *all* destinations, regardless of how they were specified. I.e. it's ___ trapsink / send_easy_trap ___ [ Trap ] ____ trap2sink ___ [ Generator ] send_v2trap / [ ] ----- informsink ____ trapsess *Not* send_easy_trap -------------------> trapsink send_v2trap -------------------> trap2sink ???? -------------------> informsink ???? -------------------> trapsess WARNINGS
These routines are used to send the traps immediately they are called. Invoking them at the appropriate time is left to the MIB module programmer. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), snmptrapd(8) V5.7.2 13 Aug 2010 NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)