Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Unix File has 000 access when written Post 302349618 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 11:03:43 AM
Old 09-01-2009
Assuming the process works like others - someone set umask 777 and ran the code.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling scripts written in Unix

I would like to convert some Unix scripts into machine language. I dont know how to programe in C. Is there any software out there that I can use to convert these Unix scripts into machine language. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coburn
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can a korn shell script be written on HP-UNIX?

Is HP UNIX and Korn different flavours of unix? can a korn shell script be written on HP Unix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soujanya_srk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file access in unix..please help

Hi im using solaris. In ma unix system i had a perl file called cleanup.pl which deleted all my files in my system.Is there a way to know when this file was accessed( rather executed ) and by which user ???? basically i wan to know a way to know which user had accessed( or run the particular perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File Access Right

Hi all, I am curious what does this mean for? My file access right is denoted as xxx xxx xxx +, what does the + sign mean? As I am having + sign in file access, I am not able to copy the file that is having + sign. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
13 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies
File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)

NAME
File::HomeDir::Unix - Find your home and other directories on legacy Unix SYNOPSIS
use File::HomeDir; # Find directories for the current user $home = File::HomeDir->my_home; # /home/mylogin $desktop = File::HomeDir->my_desktop; # All of these will... $docs = File::HomeDir->my_documents; # ...default to home... $music = File::HomeDir->my_music; # ...directory $pics = File::HomeDir->my_pictures; # $videos = File::HomeDir->my_videos; # $data = File::HomeDir->my_data; # DESCRIPTION
This module provides implementations for determining common user directories. In normal usage this module will always be used via File::HomeDir. SUPPORT
See the support section the main File::HomeDir module. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
File::HomeDir, File::HomeDir::Win32 (legacy) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. Some parts copyright 2000 Sean M. Burke. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-25 File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)