Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract Unique Values from file Post 302349546 by rubin on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 08:09:43 AM
Old 09-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsimon
How to get the above ouput as a CSV comma seperated list ?

So it would be : 84,86,102

Given your input, one way would be:

Code:
$ perl -ne  'print $s=$s?",".$1:$1 if /Process ID (\d+):\d+ / && !$_[$1]++; print "\n" if eof' file

Last edited by rubin; 09-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: trimmed it a bit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Unique values in a file

Hi, I have a file like this: Some_String_Here 123 123 123 321 321 321 3432 3221 557 886 321 321 I would like to find only the unique values in the files and get the following output: Some_String_Here 123 321 3432 3221 557 886 I am trying to get this done using awk. Can someone please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique values from a Terabyte File

Hi, I have been dealing with a files only a few gigs until now and was able to get out by using the sort utility. But now, I have a terabyte file which I want to filter out unique values from. I have a server having 8 processor and 16GB RAM with a 5 TB hdd. Is it worthwhile trying to use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
6 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Fetching unique values from file

After giving grep -A4 "feature 1," <file name> I have extracted the following text feature 1, subfeat 2, type 1, subtype 5, dump '30352f30312f323030392031313a33303a3337'H -- "05/01/2009 11:30:37" -- -- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract unique pattern from large text file

Hi All, I am trying to extract data from a large text file , I want to extract lines which contains a five digit number followed by a hyphen , like 12345- , i tried with egrep ,eg : egrep "+" text.txt but which returns all the lines which contains any number of digits followed by hyhen ,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: shijujoe
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count Unique Values from a file.

Hi I have the following info in a file - <Cell id="25D"/> <Cell id="26A"/> <Cell id="26B"/> <Cell id="26C"/> <Cell id="27A"/> <Cell id="27B"/> <Cell id="27C"/> <Cell id="28A"/> I would like to know how would you go about counting all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List unique values and count instances in .csv file

I need to take the second column of a .csv file and count the number of instances of each unique value in that same second column. I'd like the output to be value,count sorted by most instances. Thanks for any guidance! Data example: 317476,317756,0 816063,318861,0 313123,319091,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batcho
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract UNIque records from File

Hi, I have a file with 20GB Pipe Delimited file where i have too many duplicate records. I need an awk script to extract the unique records from the file and put it into another file. Kindly help. Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting unique values of a column from a feed file

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and a parameter file to return unique values

Hello Everyone! I have updated the first post so that my intentions are easier to understand, and also attached sample files (post #18). I have over 500 text files in a directory. Over 1 GB of data. The data in those files is organised in lines: My intention is to return one line per... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: clippertm
23 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)