Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting best way for removing comment from ruby program Post 302349540 by pludi on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 07:43:36 AM
Old 09-01-2009
Single line comments:
Code:
grep -v '^#'

For everything else:
Code:
perl -ne 'BEGIN{ $skip=0; } next if /^#[^!]/; if(/^=begin/){$skip=1; next;} if(/^=end/){$skip=0; next;} next if $skip; print' yourfile.rb

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

best way for removing comment from shell scripts -- bash

Again a comment removal requirement from me, refer my previous problem & solution for removing comment from ruby scripts: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/118296-best-way-removing-comment-ruby-program.html This time, it is for stripping of comments from Shell Script. I search for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a 'Mad Libs' program using Ruby?

How would I go about writing a 'Mad Libs' type program using Ruby? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is Ruby?

Lately there have been a lot of one-liners posted in "ruby" on the apparent assumption that mainstream unix or Linux come with "ruby. They don't. What is "ruby"? What platforms and Operating System versions are supported? The syntax for "ruby" seems remarkably obscure compared with say "awk"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed adding/removing comment in crontab

I have a requirement where I want to add a comment '#' in my crontab, run a process, than remove the '#' I added. Example cron #5,10 * * * * ls -lt /tmp 10,5 * * * * ls -lt /var I would like to be able use sed or awk to add a '#' at the begining of each line. After the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/Devbug traverser ruby Script

Hello all, i need some help, having never herd of ruby before i joined my workplace im now saddled with alot of scripts written in ruby and i need to find out how to debug certain things (values of array's hashes etc). What i need is how to view each step in this command in a log file: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: limamichelle
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the sas comment line using UNIX

I have tried a lot, Need your help guys. SAS Program: data one ; /* Data step */ Input name $; /*Dec variables*/ I want to remove the commented part(/* Data step */) alone. I have tried using sed command but it is deleting the entire line itself. i need unix command to separate this and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Ruby language

Hi All, Could you please suggest books for learning ruby and python language ? Thanks, Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
GLIB-MKENUMS(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GLIB-MKENUMS(1)

NAME
glib-mkenums - C language enum description generation utility SYNOPSIS
glib-mkenums [options] [files...] DESCRIPTION
glib-mkenums is a small perl-script utility that parses C code to extract enum definitions and produces enum descriptions based on text templates specified by the user. Most frequently this script is used to produce C code that contains enum values as strings so programs can provide value name strings for introspection. INVOCATION
glib-mkenums takes a list of valid C code files as input. The options specified control the text that is output, certain substitutions are performed on the text templates for keywords enclosed in @ characters. Options --fhead <text> Put out <text> prior to processing input files. --fprod <text> Put out <text> everytime a new input file is being processed. --ftail <text> Put out <text> after all input files have been processed. --eprod <text> Put out <text> everytime an enum is encountered in the input files. --vhead <text> Put out <text> before iterating over the set of values of an enum. --vprod <text> Put out <text> for every value of an enum. --vtail <text> Put out <text> after iterating over all values of an enum. --comments <text> Template for auto-generated comments, the default (for C code generations) is "/* @comment@ */". --template file Read templates from the given file. The templates are enclosed in specially-formatted C comments /*** BEGIN section ***/ /*** END section ***/ where section may be file-header, file-production, file-tail, enumeration-production, value-header, value-production, value-tail or comment. -h, --help Print brief help and exit. -v, --version Print version and exit. Production text substitutions Certain keywords enclosed in @ characters will be substituted in the outputted text. For the substitution examples of the keywords below, the following example enum definition is assumed: typedef enum { PREFIX_THE_XVALUE = 1 << 3, PREFIX_ANOTHER_VALUE = 1 << 4 } PrefixTheXEnum; @EnumName@ The name of the enum currently being processed, enum names are assumed to be properly namespaced and to use mixed capitaliza- tion to separate words (e.g. PrefixTheXEnum). @enum_name@ The enum name with words lowercase and word-separated by underscores (e.g. prefix_the_xenum). @ENUMNAME@ The enum name with words uppercase and word-separated by underscores (e.g. PREFIX_THE_XENUM). @ENUMSHORT@ The enum name with words uppercase and word-separated by underscores, prefix stripped (e.g. THE_XENUM). @VALUENAME@ The enum value name currently being processed with words uppercase and word-separated by underscores, this is the assumed lit- eral notation of enum values in the C sources (e.g. PREFIX_THE_XVALUE). @valuenick@ A nick name for the enum value currently being processed, this is usually generated by stripping common prefix words of all the enum values of the current enum, the words are lowercase and underscores are substituted by a minus (e.g. the-xvalue). @type@ This is substituted either by "enum" or "flags", depending on whether the enum value definitions contained bit-shift operators or not (e.g. flags). @Type@ The same as @type@ with the first letter capitalized (e.g. Flags). @TYPE@ The same as @type@ with all letters uppercased (e.g. FLAGS). @filename@ The name of the input file currently being processed (e.g. foo.h). Trigraph extensions Some C comments are treated specially in the parsed enum definitions, such comments start out with the trigraph sequence "/*<" and end with the trigraph sequence ">*/". Per enum definition, the options "skip" and "flags" can be specified, to indicate this enum definition to be skipped, or for it to be treated as a flags definition, or to specify the common prefix to be stripped from all values to generate value nicknames, respectively. Per value definition, the options "skip" and "nick" are supported. The former causes the value to be skipped, and the latter can be used to specify the otherwise auto-generated nickname. Examples: typedef enum /*< skip >*/ { PREFIX_FOO } PrefixThisEnumWillBeSkipped; typedef enum /*< flags,prefix=PREFIX >*/ { PREFIX_THE_ZEROTH_VALUE, /*< skip >*/ PREFIX_THE_FIRST_VALUE, PREFIX_THE_SECOND_VALUE, PREFIX_THE_THIRD_VALUE, /*< nick=the-last-value >*/ } PrefixTheFlagsEnum; SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1) BUGS
None known yet. AUTHOR
glib-mkenums was written by Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> and Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com>. This manual page was provided by Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org>. 27 Jul 2002 GLIB-MKENUMS(1)