Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Adding multiple virtual interfaces on a non global zone. Post 302349438 by jlliagre on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 04:31:50 AM
Old 09-01-2009
I was answering about how to add multiple interfaces on a non global zone.
I have no idea about if it is supported or not with any clustering software. You might better ask to your software vendor about it to make sure it doesn't have side effects.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[b]How to mount a folder from global zone to non global zone??

Hi All There is one folder in global zone I just want to share the same folder innon global zone. How can i do it? pls send me script for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS adding new filesystems to a non-global zone

Hi Guys I have one Global Zone and 2 non-global zones. root@solar109 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP 0 global running / native shared 20 solar109b running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fryzh
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

5. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Scripting changes to multiple zone configurations in the same Global Zone

So this is Solaris 11.1. I have a Global zone that has several non-global zones running in it. I want to change the capped-memory.physical resources setting in ALL the zone configs of the running zones. if I were to do this manually here's what I would do: zonecfg -z zone1 select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Virtual Terminal (Console) showing non-global zone?

Hope that everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday. I am running an illumos (opensolaris) based system which is like SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana I have been searching all over the Internet into various documents and forms that have to do with Solaris, Opensolaris, Illumos, and SmartOS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonnieTC
3 Replies
clm residue(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						    clm residue(1)

NAME
      clm residue - extend clustering of subgraph to clustering of graph.

clmresidue  is  not  in  actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode
      residue. The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm residue -icl fname (input clustering) -imx fname (input graph) [-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)]  [-o	fname  (output	clustering
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      The cluster file presumably contains a clustering of a subgraph of the graph G contained by the matrix file, implying that the row domain of
      that clustering is a subset of the node domain of the graph. clm residue will compute  a	simple	upwards  projection  of  that  clustering,
      resulting in a clustering of G.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input graph)

-icl fname (input clustering)

-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)
	The name for the file in which the residue projection matrix is stored.  It contains for each node and for each cluster in the input clus-
	tering the combined weight of the (edges to the) neighbours of that node in that cluster.  The default output file name is out.rpm.

-o fname (output clustering file)
	The name for the file in which the majority vote projection clustering is stored. Aka the majority vote projection clustering storage file
	name.

This  embodies	a very crude approach to distributing the missing nodes in the input clustering onto that same cluster. For each node, the
	cluster is taken for which the residue projection is the largest (see above). The residue (i.e. the set of  missing  nodes)  is  initially
	viewed	as  a  cluster;  the set of nodes for which the projection is largest for the residue itself will form a new cluster, if it is not
	empty.

By default output is sent to STDOUT.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm residue 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						      clm residue(1)