Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search Engine in C
Top Forums Programming Search Engine in C Post 302349391 by semash! on Monday 31st of August 2009 11:38:27 PM
Old 09-01-2009
Search Engine in C

Hello everybody,

I need help with this,
I need to design a CGI search engine in C but i have no idea on what or how to do it.

Do i have to open all the html files one by one and search for the given strings? i think this process will be slow, and will take too much of the server processing resources.

Please, give me some examples, some source code i can use to study. All i have found are PERL scripts, language which i don't like and do not understand.

Thanks!.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Engine

How do you write a search engline to search offline scripts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Search Engine

Hey guys. I have a quick question. My friends and I are working on a search engine project that will hopefully be up and running by December of 2011. Here's my concern. What programs should I use to create the search engine. Thanks guys! :b: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: OussenkoSearch
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

About search engine in unix

Hello, How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank you in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
10 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

About search engine in unix

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
ASP-PERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      ASP-PERL(1p)

NAME
asp-perl - Apache::ASP CGI and command line script processor SYNOPSIS
asp-perl [-hsdb] [-f asp.conf] [-o directory] file1 @arguments file2 @arguments ... -h Help you are getting now! -f Specify an alternate configuration file other than ./asp.conf -s Setup $Session and $Application state for script. -d Set to debug code upon errors. -b Only return body of document, no headers. -o Output directory, writes to files there instead of STDOUT -p GlobalPackage config, what perl package are the scripts compiled in. DESCRIPTION
This program will run Apache::ASP scripts from the command line. Each file that is specified will be run, and the $Request->QueryString() and $Request->Form() data will be initialized by the @arguments following the script file name. The @arguments will be written as space separated words, and will be initialized as an associate array where %arguments = @arguments. As an example: asp-perl file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2 would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like /file.asp?key1=value1&key2=value2 The asp.conf script will be read from the current directory for parameters that would be set with PerlSetVar normally under mod_perl. For more information on how to configure the asp.conf file, please see < http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html > SEE ALSO
perldoc Apache::ASP, and also http://www.apache-asp.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2004 Joshua Chamas, Chamas Enterprises Inc. This program is distributed under the GPL. Please see the LICENSE file in the Apache::ASP distribution for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-15 ASP-PERL(1p)