Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl DBI inserting date\time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl DBI inserting date\time Post 302349293 by hcclnoodles on Monday 31st of August 2009 04:14:47 PM
Old 08-31-2009
thanks ilikecows, I really thought i could use one of the built in mysql time/date functions... ive used now() before with PHP, maybe DBI in perl doesnt support it

---------- Post updated at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:58 PM ----------

I did it this way in the end (in case its useful to others)

Code:
my ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst)=localtime(time);
my $datetime = printf "%4d-%02d-%02d %02d:%02d:%02d\n",$year+1900,$mon+1,$mday,$hour,$min,$sec;
print $datetime;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

3. Programming

perl dbi to oracle getting disconnect_all for oracle dbi help

hi i am trying to connect to an oracle database using dbi and i get this :: Driver has not implemented the disconnect_all method. at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 575 END failed--call queue aborted. for all i know, the script was working earlier, but has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poggendroff
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to MySQL from Perl using DBI

Hi, I want to connect perl with the mysql to select and so on but the connection don't work code #!/usr/bin/perl BEGIN { # PERL MODULES WE WILL BE USING use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\db1','','pass') or die $DBI::errstr;} #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl's DBI Module on OS X - uninstallable?

i've been struggling with installing the Perl DBI & DBD modules all weekend, and I'm getting close, but no cigar as of yet. When I run the perl script db.pl I get the following mismatch error: Mon Apr 19 09:43:29 EDT 2010 /Library/Perl/DBD-mysql-4.011 -> peterv@MBP17.local<515>$: db.pl | tee... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: help with DBI

Hi there, I have a bit of code similar to below (which ive actually got from perldoc, but mine is similar enough) $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{ SELECT region, sales FROM sales_by_region }); $sth->execute; my ($region, $sales); # Bind Perl variables to columns: $rv =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time in PERL

Hi, I want to get the current date and time and subtract 1 day to get to the previous day? I see timelocal( ) and (time) etc. How do I code this in PERL to get the previous day? Thanks Nurani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a date (without time) in perl

I have a perl script that automatically runs on Mondays. I need to have it create a variable for last Monday's date thru that Sunday's date. example: 04-01-2011 thru 04-08-2011 Its reporting numbers for the previous week beginning with Monday and ending on Sunday. So i dont have to go in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbraml
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl DBI error

Hi All, I installed DBI module in a non INC location and using it in my script via "use lib". But it throw the below error at the "use DBI" step. Please help Usage: DBI::_install_method(dbi_class, meth_name, file, attribs=Nullsv) at /xx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/oracle/lib/DBI.pm/oracle/lib/DBI.pm line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql - Storage::DBI class implementing MySQL specifics SYNOPSIS
Storage::DBI autodetects the underlying MySQL database, and re-blesses the $storage object into this class. my $schema = MyDb::Schema->connect( $dsn, $user, $pass, { on_connect_call => 'set_strict_mode' } ); DESCRIPTION
This class implements MySQL specific bits of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI, like AutoIncrement column support and savepoints. Also it augments the SQL maker to support the MySQL-specific "STRAIGHT_JOIN" join type, which you can use by specifying "join_type => 'straight'" in the relationship attributes It also provides a one-stop on-connect macro "set_strict_mode" which sets session variables such that MySQL behaves more predictably as far as the SQL standard is concerned. STORAGE OPTIONS
set_strict_mode Enables session-wide strict options upon connecting. Equivalent to: ->connect ( ... , { on_connect_do => [ q|SET SQL_MODE = CONCAT('ANSI,TRADITIONAL,ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,', @@sql_mode)|, q|SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL = 0|, ] }); AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)