Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 install fails on sparc Post 302349292 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 31st of August 2009 02:51:35 PM
Old 08-31-2009
and your solaris 10 version is rather old... you should maybe download the latest release from the sun website (9/05 aka update 7).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install wget on Solaris sparc 9

hi, i downloaded wget-1.9.1-sol9-sparc-local.gz for solaris sparc 9. but do not know how to install it. anybody help me. many thanks tinhlx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinhlx
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

3. Solaris

64 Bit SPARC Solaris 10 Install

I downloaded the iso image from here and burnt it on DVD. But when I tried installing it..it said boot device not availiable. Do I have to make it bootable? Is there any other component that I need to write on DVD other than the image? Moreover the DVD which I received from my admin for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How to Install EIS DVD for SPARC (solaris 10)

hello, i need to install eis dvd (recommanded patches) dvd for a client, but i don't know the procedure, can you please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install SCSI Jaz drive in Sparc Solaris

I recently got a Sun Sparc 10 Ultra with Solaris 10 installed on it. Now I'm trying to connect my SCSI Jaz drive to it. I moved my Adaptec AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card from my XP PC (where it was working OK) to the Sun and that's about as far as I got. I did a probe-scsi-all and got nothing back,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Need to install /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2 Solaris Sparc 64 bit package

Hi, Can anyone help me out in getting download the below required package for Solaris 10 SPARC 64-bit machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
3 Replies

7. Solaris

SPARC M10 - Install Solaris 10

Hi, This machine does not have CDROM/DVDROM. I try to boot using external usb. Issue command: show-disks does not show any external cdrom. How to install OS? Is it can be install using usb pendrive? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install Solaris 10 5/09 on sparc T4-1?

hi everyone, good day to all. I need help to fix an issue which we encounter while installing the Alcatel -lucent 5620 NM on a solaris 10 OS. The Alcatel lucent 5620 NM release 9 software is only recommended OS to work with Solaris 10 release 5/09 but when we try to install the same... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjo Antony
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Multiple swap spaces after refresh Solaris 11.3 install on Sparc T5-2

Hi The following is the output of "df -h" and "zfs list" right after fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 on Sparc T5-2 with 256GB memory. Because the server has 256GB of memory, I think Solaris created swap file system mounted on /system/volatile and /tmp, but my question is, zfs also has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonu
5 Replies