Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Change in display of date of postings Post 302349170 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 31st of August 2009 08:54:04 AM
Old 08-31-2009
Neo. yes thanks very much, I've also changed my email notifcations to something more frequent and useful than weekly!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to do postings

Hi All, Can you pls help me out on how to do new posting on this forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SGReddy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display in shell

Hi The line for input of my shell currently looks like in the image attached. What I wanted is for the line where I input, it showed in last, the folder I'm in (in the attached images is "Documents") and not my user name "Pedro_Gordo". How do I do this? My OS is Mac OS X 10.6. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirwit
7 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Display Name change

Hi Currently my display name is "vasuarjula". Is there a way i can change my display name without changing my emailID and password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a date, 30 days from the current date?

Well guys, I know the right syntax for displaying the current date is $(date). However, I am planning to send emails to some customers which displays their subscription date, and then the expiry. The expiry being 30 days from the current date. What would the right syntax be? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Date stamp on thread postings.

Is it possible to have the actual date shown, instead of phrases like "1 Week Ago", on threads list of postings? If possible, how do I enable that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Svenus
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change existing date to current date in a filename?

Suppose i have a list of files in a directory as mentioned below 1. Shankar_04152019_ny.txt 2. Gopi_shan_03122019_mi.txt 3. Siva_mourya_02242019_nd.txt .. . . . . 1000 . Jiva_surya_02282019_nd.txt query : At one shot i want to modify the above all filenames present in one path with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
4 Replies
MAKEWHATIS.LOCAL(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 				       MAKEWHATIS.LOCAL(8)

NAME
makewhatis.local, catman.local -- start makewhatis or catman for local file systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/libexec/makewhatis.local [options] directories ... /usr/libexec/catman.local [options] directories ... DESCRIPTION
The makewhatis.local utility starts makewhatis(1) only for file systems physically mounted on the system where the makewhatis.local is being executed. Running makewhatis by periodic weekly for rw nfs-mounted /usr may kill your NFS server -- all NFS clients start makewhatis at the same time! So use this wrapper for cron(8) instead of calling makewhatis directly. The catman.local utility is using for same purposes as makewhatis.local but for catman(1). FILES
/etc/periodic/weekly/320.whatis run makewhatis.local every week /etc/periodic/weekly/330.catman run catman.local every week SEE ALSO
catman(1), find(1), makewhatis(1), cron(8), periodic(8) HISTORY
The makewhatis.local utility appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. BSD
April 26, 1996 BSD