Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL - another quick hash of hashes question Post 302349169 by hcclnoodles on Monday 31st of August 2009 08:48:41 AM
Old 08-31-2009
thanks, its a bit of a pain considering im looping through all the key/value pairs in the sub hash. im going to have to code in an exception as technically its repeated information ...

thanks for clearing it up

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hashes question

hi guys im running into a problem here this is my script #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI qw(:standard); $header = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"; $header .= "Content-type: text/html\n"; $header .= "\n"; #get the point parameter from nhl.html $Team = param("points"); print "$header"; open(INFILE,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucho_1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hashes "Can't use subscript on private hash"

This is driving me mad, where am I going wrong? The relevant segment of code: sub getndsybcons { my @servers=@{$_}; my @sybservers=@{$_}; my %results; foreach my $server(@servers) { my $biggestsyb; my $biggestsybval=0; ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash of hashes from database

hi there, I have some database output that looks like this SELECT nic_name,nic_duplex,nic_speed,nic_ip FROM network_table WHERE hostname = "server1" result is this (ive delimited with a pipe for ease of reading) bge0|full|1000|10.32.100.1 bge1|full|1000|11.12.101.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - printing a hash of hashes to screen

Hi there I have a hash of hashes made up of the following data bge0|100|half|10.36.100.21 bge1|1000|full|10.36.100.22 bge2|1000|full|10.36.100.23 which when i turn into a hash, would look like this inside the system bge0 -> nic_speed -> 100 nic_duplex -> half ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Any quick way to use regex on hash keys?

Hi, Is there any quick way to use pull out keys that match a specific regex pattern? eg %hash ; $hash(123,456) = xxx; $hash(123,457) = xxx; $hash(123,458) = xxx; $hash(223,459) = xxx; I need a fast way to get all the keys that start with 123.. Meaning I should get ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash of hashes : how to print reference and its internal structure?

#use perl 5.8.5; my %h1=(a=>'b', c=>'d'); my %h2=(a1=>'b1', c1=>'d1'); my $R1=\%h1; my $R2=\%h2; my %h= {$R1, $R2}; my $href=\%h; # hash of hashes foreach my $key (keys %$href){ print "Z::$$href{$key}\n" } When I am trying to print elements of hash of hashes, it prints HASH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shristi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: dereferencing a hash of hashes

Hi there, I am trying to dereference my hash of hashes but post dereferencing, it seems to lose its structure I am using Data::dumper to help me anaylise. This is the code im using to build the HoH, (data comes from a file). I have also performed a Dumper on the data structure before and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rethink
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hash of hashes anonymous array

Hello experts. I'm having problems with a snippet of code. I was hoping to get help/advice to correct. A file that this script parses has changed to the point where I can no longer use a scalar, it looks as though I need to create an array for a hash of hashes below. The first output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies
Tie::SubstrHash(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      Tie::SubstrHash(3pm)

NAME
Tie::SubstrHash - Fixed-table-size, fixed-key-length hashing SYNOPSIS
require Tie::SubstrHash; tie %myhash, 'Tie::SubstrHash', $key_len, $value_len, $table_size; DESCRIPTION
The Tie::SubstrHash package provides a hash-table-like interface to an array of determinate size, with constant key size and record size. Upon tying a new hash to this package, the developer must specify the size of the keys that will be used, the size of the value fields that the keys will index, and the size of the overall table (in terms of key-value pairs, not size in hard memory). These values will not change for the duration of the tied hash. The newly-allocated hash table may now have data stored and retrieved. Efforts to store more than $table_size elements will result in a fatal error, as will efforts to store a value not exactly $value_len characters in length, or reference through a key not exactly $key_len characters in length. While these constraints may seem excessive, the result is a hash table using much less internal memory than an equivalent freely-allocated hash table. CAVEATS
Because the current implementation uses the table and key sizes for the hashing algorithm, there is no means by which to dynamically change the value of any of the initialization parameters. The hash does not support exists(). perl v5.16.3 2013-02-26 Tie::SubstrHash(3pm)