Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL - another quick hash of hashes question Post 302349005 by durden_tyler on Sunday 30th of August 2009 07:28:22 PM
Old 08-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcclnoodles
Is there something im doing wrong here ? I was under the impression that the line ...

Code:
$hashr = $sth->fetchall_hashref('nic_name');

would set the top level keys of the hash of hashes. .(which it seems to have successfuilly done) ... but would then have the intelligence to omit that particular key/value pair from the sub hash?
That is by design. Check the DBI documentation at cpan.org.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hashes question

hi guys im running into a problem here this is my script #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI qw(:standard); $header = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"; $header .= "Content-type: text/html\n"; $header .= "\n"; #get the point parameter from nhl.html $Team = param("points"); print "$header"; open(INFILE,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucho_1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hashes "Can't use subscript on private hash"

This is driving me mad, where am I going wrong? The relevant segment of code: sub getndsybcons { my @servers=@{$_}; my @sybservers=@{$_}; my %results; foreach my $server(@servers) { my $biggestsyb; my $biggestsybval=0; ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash of hashes from database

hi there, I have some database output that looks like this SELECT nic_name,nic_duplex,nic_speed,nic_ip FROM network_table WHERE hostname = "server1" result is this (ive delimited with a pipe for ease of reading) bge0|full|1000|10.32.100.1 bge1|full|1000|11.12.101.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - printing a hash of hashes to screen

Hi there I have a hash of hashes made up of the following data bge0|100|half|10.36.100.21 bge1|1000|full|10.36.100.22 bge2|1000|full|10.36.100.23 which when i turn into a hash, would look like this inside the system bge0 -> nic_speed -> 100 nic_duplex -> half ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Any quick way to use regex on hash keys?

Hi, Is there any quick way to use pull out keys that match a specific regex pattern? eg %hash ; $hash(123,456) = xxx; $hash(123,457) = xxx; $hash(123,458) = xxx; $hash(223,459) = xxx; I need a fast way to get all the keys that start with 123.. Meaning I should get ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash of hashes : how to print reference and its internal structure?

#use perl 5.8.5; my %h1=(a=>'b', c=>'d'); my %h2=(a1=>'b1', c1=>'d1'); my $R1=\%h1; my $R2=\%h2; my %h= {$R1, $R2}; my $href=\%h; # hash of hashes foreach my $key (keys %$href){ print "Z::$$href{$key}\n" } When I am trying to print elements of hash of hashes, it prints HASH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shristi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: dereferencing a hash of hashes

Hi there, I am trying to dereference my hash of hashes but post dereferencing, it seems to lose its structure I am using Data::dumper to help me anaylise. This is the code im using to build the HoH, (data comes from a file). I have also performed a Dumper on the data structure before and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rethink
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hash of hashes anonymous array

Hello experts. I'm having problems with a snippet of code. I was hoping to get help/advice to correct. A file that this script parses has changed to the point where I can no longer use a scalar, it looks as though I need to create an array for a hash of hashes below. The first output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies
DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)

NAME
DBIx::Simple::Comparison - DBIx::Simple in DBI jargon DESCRIPTION
This is just a simple and inaccurate overview of what DBI things the DBIx::Simple things represent, or the other way around. This document can be useful to find the foo equivalent of bar. "?" means that DBI doesn't have an equivalent or that I couldn't find one. "=" means that DBIx::Simple provides a direct wrapper to the DBI function. "~" means that DBIx::Simple's method does more or less the same, but usually in a more high level way: context sensitive, combining things, automatically taking care of something. Note that DBIx::Simple is a wrapper around DBI. It is not "better" than DBI. In fact, DBIx::Simple cannot work without DBI. Using DBI directly is always faster than using DBIx::Simple's equivalents. (For the computer, that is. For you, DBIx::Simple is supposed to be faster.) Classes, common names use DBI ~ use DBIx::Simple $DBI::errstr = DBIx::Simple->error DBI::db ~ DBIx::Simple $dbh ~ $db $dbh->errstr = $db->error connect ~ connect connect ~ new DBI::st ~ DBIx::Simple::Result <undef> ~ DBIx::Simple::Dummy $sth ~ $result Queries DBI my $sth = $dbh->prepare_cached($query); $sth->execute(@values); ~ DBIx::Simple my $result = $db->query($query, $values); Results DBI DBIx::Simple bind_columns ~ bind fetchrow_arrayref/fetch = fetch fetchrow_array ~ list *1 ~ flat [@{fetchrow_arrayref}] = array fetchall_arrayref ~ arrays fetchrow_hashref() *2*3 = hash fetchall_arrayref({}) *4 ~ hashes fetchall_hashref *2 = map_hashes ? ? map_arrays fetchall_hashref(1) *2 = map $sth->{NAME_lc/NAME} = $result->columns *1 There's no fetch variant, but you can do "{ @{ $dbh->selectcol_arrayref('SELECT ...', { Slice => [] }) } }". *2 To receive the keys (column names) lowercased, use "$db->{FetchHashKeyName} = 'NAME_lc'". DBIx::Simple lower cases them by default. *3 Or supply an argument, 'NAME_lc'. *4 No, arrayref isn't a typo. When supplied an empty hash reference, DBI's fetchall_arrayref actually returns hashrefs. This DBI method does not support lower casing of keys, DBIx::Simple does. Direct access DBI DBIx::Simple $dbh = $db->dbh $sth->{$foo} = $result->attr($foo) func = func begin_work = begin_work commit = commit rollback = rollback last_insert_id = last_insert_id rows = rows disconnect ~ disconnect finish ~ finish DBIx::Simple specific (?) keep_statements lc_columns iquery (via SQL::Interp) select, insert, update, delete (via SQL::Abstract) abstract (via SQL::Abstract) flat hashes map_arrays map AUTHOR
Juerd Waalboer <juerd@cpan.org> <http://juerd.nl/> SEE ALSO
DBI, DBIx::Simple perl v5.16.3 2010-12-03 DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)