Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MacPorts on Snow Leopard
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) MacPorts on Snow Leopard Post 302348992 by HoldenCaulfield on Sunday 30th of August 2009 05:52:47 PM
Old 08-30-2009
MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well.

I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the MacPorts website which was for Snow Leopard. This one has not worked either. I currently deleted it, and now have no MacPorts.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Installing Oracle 10g on Snow Leopard using this tutorial

This tutorial. Which is a lovely tutorial, really, and was working up until this instruction: Now download db.zip installation archive and place it somewhere and unzip it: mkdir Install cd Install # download db.zip to this directory unzip db.zip cd db/Disk1 I didn't know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khayraB
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Problem with mail attachment in Snow Leopard

Hi, We have few scripts that are run through jobs . It sends us daily reports (using mailx). This was working fine in Leopard. But in Snow Leopard there is problem with the attachments.Neither the attachment name is being displayed correctly(all it displays is "Mail Attachment") nor the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adash
1 Replies
xed(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    xed(1)

NAME
xed -- Xcode text editor invocation tool. SYNOPSIS
xed [-xcwrbhv] [-l lineno] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The xed tool launches the Xcode application and opens the given documents, or opens a new untitled document, optionally with the contents of standard in. OPTIONS
The options for xed are similar to those for the command-line utiltiies for other text editors: -x, --launch Launches Xcode opening a new empty unsaved file, without reading from standard input. -c, --create Creates any files in the file list that do not already exist. If used without --launch, standard input will be read and piped to the last file created. -w, --wait Wait for the files to be closed before exiting. xed will idle in a run loop waiting for a notification from Xcode when each file is closed, and will only terminate when all are closed. This is useful when invoking it from a script. -l, --line <number> Selects the given line in the last file opened. -b, --background Opens Xcode without activating it; the process that invoked xed remains in front. -h, --help Prints a brief summary of usage. -v, --version Prints the version number of xed [file...] A list of file paths. Existing files will be opened; nonexistent files will be created only if the --create flag is passed. If no files are passed, then standard input will be read and piped into a new untitled dcument (unless --launch is passed). If --create and at least one nonexistent file name is passed, the last nonexistent file will be created, filled with the standard input, and opened. HISTORY
xed was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5 with Xcode 3.0. Mac OS June 1, 2019 Mac OS