Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. Post 302348866 by villenan on Sunday 30th of August 2009 06:36:45 AM
Old 08-30-2009
Thank you!!!

The problem was fixed! Thanks Scottn!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I got error like...syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi All, when i executing scripts i got error like: syntax error on line 1, teletype expr: syntax error expr: syntax error expr: syntax error Please advise to me. Note: Yesterday it's working fine, 2day only i got error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected.

Can someone please tell me wht is wrong with the following peice of code? I keep getting the following error - 0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected. case "${option_count}" in 1) java -Xms256m -Xmx1536m "${APPLNAME}" "${ACTION_TYPE}" > "${LOGFILE}" 2>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near un expected token =~

Hello. Please help with this code. Returns an error message "syntax error near unexpected token =~. Conditional binary operator expected. if " ]] || " ]] then echo "Enter only valid numbers" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error: `done' is not expected.

Hi I am getting error 'ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error: `done' is not expected.' when running below script any one can provide inputs on this. ------------------------ if then echo "Report Name |Modification Date|Report File Size|Owner" >SOX_`date +'%Y%m%d'` while read line do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnatis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line : `}' is not expected.

i dont know where m i mistaking.. please help me out with this issue :( thanks in advance:rolleyes: one_main() { a=100 while ; do clear echo "##############################################" echo ":: CURRENTLY YOU ARE IN RC AND OC MARKING ::" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puneet sinha
1 Replies

8. AIX

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.i am trying to mail after my backup completed. Here is my shell script: if ; then egrep (ERROR|error|Error|RMAN-) ${/backup/RMANBKUP/spool/shelltest.log} > /dev/null if ; then RESULT_MSG=WARNING: Errors occurred during the ${ORACLE_SID} Rman... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruqms
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX Syntax error at line 9 : `<' is not expected

Hi All, i'm getting this error, can somebody check? file name is like this 951957039339019_560119_000523_2w47_3060_0038_6002.log filename=$(basename "$1") extension="${filename##*.}" filename="${filename%.*}" IFS="_" read -r -a array... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, While executing my code i am getting below Error: ./check_disk1: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 55 : `(' is not expected. My code is : #!/bin/ksh PROGNAME=`basename $0` STATE_OK=0 STATE_WARNING=1 STATE_CRITICAL=2 STATE_UNKNOWN=3 OS=$(uname) AWK="/usr/bin/awk"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abodage
6 Replies
MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)											       MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_File_get_size - Returns the current size of the file. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_File_get_size(MPI_File fh, MPI_Offset *size) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN 77 NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_FILE_GET_SIZE(FH, SIZE, IERROR) INTEGER FH, ERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_OFFSET_KIND) SIZE C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> MPI::Offset MPI::File::Get_size() const INPUT PARAMETERS
fh File handle (handle). size Size of the file in bytes (integer). OUTPUT PARAMETER
IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_File_get_size returns, in size , the current size in bytes of the file associated with the file handle fh. Note that the file size returned by Solaris may not represent the number of bytes physically allocated for the file in those cases where all bytes in this file have not been written at least once. FORTRAN 77 NOTES The MPI standard prescribes portable Fortran syntax for the SIZE argument only for Fortran 90. Sun FORTRAN 77 users may use the non-porta- ble syntax INTEGER*MPI_OFFSET_KIND SIZE where MPI_ADDRESS_KIND is a constant defined in mpif.h and gives the length of the declared integer in bytes. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. For MPI I/O function errors, the default error handler is set to MPI_ERRORS_RETURN. The error handler may be changed with MPI_File_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL may be used to make I/O errors fatal. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_File_preallocate Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)