Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raw Sockets Programming
Special Forums IP Networking Raw Sockets Programming Post 302348830 by Sandia_man on Sunday 30th of August 2009 01:09:28 AM
Old 08-30-2009
great!!
thanks a lot, I'm going to read it...
It's a good idea to study the source of ping and traceroute!!

bye!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. Programming

Programming Sockets to Reconnect

Hello everyone, I'm very interested in sockets programming for developing games. Right now i'm trying to develop a client, and connecting to a host and port can be done, but i googled lots of pages, but i could not find how to reconnect to the host/port if the connection is somehow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raistie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

c++, raw sockets, stopping kernel write in header?

Hi, im trying to lern about raw sockets with my debian and c++. Tried to make a icmp and tcp packet and send it with sendto. Checked on wireshark and recognized that kernel changed my headers. So searched about stopping the kernel change the header and tried it with setsockopt, like said in at this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandcastle
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

8. Programming

Raw Socket Programming - Efficient Packet Sniffer

Hi, I have the requirement to sniff packets from the Ethernet card on my Linux machine and process it and feed it to a RANAP protocol stack. So far I have written the raw packet sniffer and successfully sniffing packets and do little processing. However, for huge number of packets ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstnsrr
9 Replies
Sockets.socketPair(3kaya)				       Kaya module reference					 Sockets.socketPair(3kaya)

NAME
Sockets::socketPair - Create a joined pair of sockets SYNOPSIS
Pair<Socket, Socket> socketPair( ) DESCRIPTION
This function creates a pair of sockets that can be used for bi-directional communication. The most common use of this is for setting up communications between a process and its Posix.fork(3kaya) ()ed child - each process closes one of the sockets after the fork. sockets = socketPair(); pid = fork(); if (pid == 0) { // child process close(sockets.fst); // do something } else { close(sockets.snd); // do something else } AUTHORS
Kaya standard library by Edwin Brady, Chris Morris and others (kaya@kayalang.org). For further information see http://kayalang.org/ LICENSE
The Kaya standard library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (version 2.1 or any later version) as published by the Free Software Foundation. RELATED
Sockets.Socket(3kaya) Sockets.close(3kaya) Posix.fork(3kaya) Kaya October 2012 Sockets.socketPair(3kaya)