Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ksh(Unix Distro) script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ksh(Unix Distro) script Post 302348824 by Demon002 on Saturday 29th of August 2009 10:50:11 PM
Old 08-29-2009
Yeah now that i think about it this is prolly the way to go, The reason i didnt do it that way in the first place was.
1.) i dont know Solaris Variables(create/set)
2.) I wasnt sure if the Variable would stay static or would update with the time as well. It is after all a VARIABLE. but ill test and figure out variables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Live Unix Distro Help...

Hello, I was just looking for some help on Unix distros that don't affect my hard disk. Basically what I am looking for is a distro that has all your programming needs (so I can program in Unix) and the basic functions of an OS. I would also like it to include python if possible. BTW, is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhab
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert unix .ksh script to windows .batch script

I am using awk in my .ksh script but when I am trying to run in windows its not recognising awk part of the ksh script , even when I changed it to gawk it does not work, this is how my .ksh and .bat files look like. thanx. #!/bin/ksh egrep -v "Rpt 038|PM$|Parameters:|Begin |Date: |End... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to choose unix distro

what unix could you advice to me for following purposes? -browsing web -reading text information -listening to music (mp3/ogg/tracker modules) -watcing movies (rare) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacevoid8
9 Replies

6. Fedora

Recommendations on Unix Distro

I'd like to become more familiar with Unix. To that end I want to install and practice/play with a (open source) Unix distro; however, I'm uncertain which one I should use. I'm considering freebsd, openbsd, and openSolaris. I'm familiar and comfortable with RHL/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu. Keeping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateKin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with ksh script to list files, cp it to another UNIX server

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ksh Copy Files Script

I need a UNIX ksh script that counts the number of files in directory, if the files exceed 20 files, then email results. I want the script to run every hour.. I don't have access to cron.. I'm some what new to UNIX. Windows guy all my career.. this is what I have so far.. #!/bin/ksh # count.sh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlHaven2k
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How to lock a file through UNIX KSH shell script?

I wrote two shell scripts in UNIX that renames the same file and scheduled them at the same time. The following are the steps that I followed:- 1. I wrote 2 scripts named s1.sh and s2.sh, both trying to add “exec_” prefix to the name of the files present in a folder i which already don't start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piuli
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariablesUser Contributed Perl DocumentaPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables - Don't ask for storage you don't need. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Unused variables clutter code and require the reader to do mental bookkeeping to figure out if the variable is actually used or not. At present, this Policy is very limited in order to ensure that there aren't any false positives. Hopefully, this will become more sophisticated soon. Right now, this only looks for simply declared, uninitialized lexical variables. my $x; # not ok, assuming no other appearances. my @y = (); # ok, not handled yet. our $z; # ok, global. local $w; # ok, global. This module is very dumb: it does no scoping detection, i.e. if the same variable name is used in two different locations, even if they aren't the same variable, this Policy won't complain. Have to start somewhere. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables(3)