Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to hide command line parameters? Post 302348719 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 29th of August 2009 09:34:21 AM
Old 08-29-2009
True, but that is not a BSD-style "e"-option. You have to leave out the "-" for that.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash
ps axe | grep "n[o]args.sh"
echo $VAR1
echo $VAR2
ps axe | grep "n[o]args.sh"

# VAR1="this is the 1st argument" VAR2="this is the 2nd argument" ./noargs.sh

17834 pts/0 R+ 0:00 /bin/bash ./noargs.sh VAR1=this is the 1st argument VAR2=this is the 2nd argument TERM=....
this is the 1st argument
this is the 2nd argument
17834 pts/0 R+ 0:00 /bin/bash ./noargs.sh VAR1=this is the 1st argument VAR2=this is the 2nd argument TERM=....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you take in variables/parameters from the command line?

I need to take in two parameters from the command line...help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avisram
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building command line parameters of arbitrary length

I couldn't find an existing thread that addressed this question, so hopefully this isn't redundant with anything previously posted. Here goes: I am writing a C-Shell script that runs a program that takes an arbitrary number of parameters: myprog -a file1 \ -b file2 \ -c file3 ... \ -n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmcnorgan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use parameters in command line while submitting a report

Iam running a report(.rdf) file from UNIX command line. using the following syntax for eg xxx.rdf is the report rdf ar60run batch=yes userid=username/paswd@database report=xxx.rdf destype=file desname=xxx.dat now i need to submit this with three pameters pls suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading putty command line parameters from Linux

I am running Putty 0.60 from Windows XP and I am connecting to a Linux box. I would like to be able to pass a command line parameter to my Linux session so that my Linux session can execute a specific command, depending on the command line parameter. I have looked on the Internet and tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with command line parameters

hi, This is actually realted to a Abinitio command in a unix script. my code is #!/bin/ksh GRAPH_NAME=$1 shift air sandbox run $GRAPH_NAME $* > file.lst 2>&1 if ]; then echo "Pass" fi when i run this script with this command "script.ksh graph_name parameters" the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva1612
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line parameters

hi again question on how to change code so that script will prompt to enter parameter if they are missing. . . code I have so far : #!/bin/bash two="200" three=500 if ; then echo " first line parameter is $one " else echo -n " first parameter is missing , please write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective command line parameters.

Hi, I have a script which has 3 command line parameters.But sometimes it will also take 2 command line parameters or 1.How to do it? I am using $1,$2... to specify the command line parameters. The script which i have written is given below. #!/bin/sh echo "database="$1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
3 Replies

9. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
NGRAPH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NGRAPH(1)

NAME
Ngraph - creating scientific 2-dimensional graphs SYNOPSIS
ngraph [options] [data file(s) or ngp file] DESCRIPTION
Ngraph is the program to create scientific 2-dimensional graphs for researchers and engineers. Graphs can be exported to PostScript, SVG, PNG or PDF format. OPTIONS
Command line options are: -L file load ngp file -x column data column for the x axis -y column data column for the y axis -X use X axis as the x axis -Y use Y axis as the y axis -U use U axis as the x axis -R use R axis as the y axis -d {mark | line | polygon | curve | diagonal | arrow | rectangle | rectangle_fill | rectangle_solid_fill | errorbar_x | errorbar_y | stair- case_x | staircase_y | bar_x | bar_y | bar_fill_x | bar_fill_y | bar_solid_fill_x | bar_solid_fill_y | fit} specify plot type -m type specify mark type (0-89) -o size specify mark size -l style specify line style -w width specify line width -CR n specify red component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -CG n specify green component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -CB n specify blue component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -cr n specify red component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -cg n specify green component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -cb n specify blue component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -s line specify number of the head skip -r step specify number of the read step -f line specify number of the final line -vx n neighbor average of the x data -vy n neighbor average of the y data -mx formula specify math transformation for the x data -my formula specify math transformation for the y data -ex {linear | log | inverse | MJD} specify scale type of the x axis -ey {linear | log | inverse | MJD} specify scale type of the y axis -minx value specify minimum value of x axis -maxx value specify maximum value of x axis -incx value specify increment value of x axis -miny value specify minimum value of y axis -maxy value specify maximum value of y axis -incy value specify increment value of y axis -g load settings from data file -png file convert ngp file to PNG format -pdf file convert ngp file to PDF format -ps file convert ngp file to PostScript format -eps file convert ngp file to Encapsulated PostScript format -svg file convert ngp file to SVG format -gra file convert ngp file to GRA format -dialog show print dialog (with -p option) -p file print ngp file -n output ngp-file to stdout -h, --help show help message -v, --version show version of Ngraph -V, --VERSION show detail information about Ngraph FILES
${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.nsc start up script ${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.ini configuration file ${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.ngp default graph AUTHORS
Satoshi ISHIZAKA Hiroyuki Ito <ZXB01226@nifty.com> SEE ALSO
ngp2(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Satoshi ISHIZAKA Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Hiroyuki Ito 4th Berkeley Distribution Local NGRAPH(1)