Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To add a number at the end of the line Post 302348678 by gsiva on Saturday 29th of August 2009 06:12:11 AM
Old 08-29-2009
Its worked out, thanks a bunch...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select matches between line number and end of file?

Hi Guys/Gals, I have a log file that is updated once every few seconds and I am looking for a way to speed up one of my scripts. Basically what I am trying to do is grep through a text file from start to finish once. Then each subsequent grep starts at the last line of the previous grep to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerrad
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a new end of line

Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to add something like an end of line like c or java in unix? dirs=/home/nosnam var='' for dir in $dirs do listDirs=`ls -d1 $dir/*` for eachList in $listDirs do listRepos=`du -ks $eachList | awk '{ x+=$1 }; END { print x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosnam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number a list at end of line using 'sed'

Hi All I have a script which has produced a list, I have used 'sed' to number my list, but i want to list at end of line with the first line starting at zero (0) and brackets round it ie My List i want Hello (0) this (1) day (2) can (3) be (4) sed '/./=' filename | sed '/./N; s/\n/) /'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chassis
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add line numbers to end of each line

Hi i would like to add line numbers to end of each line in a file. I am able to do it in the front of each line using sed, but not able to add at the end of the file. Can anyone suggest The following code adds line number to start of each line sed = filename | sed 'N;s/\n/\t/' how can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing a number at the end of line and store it as variable

Hello, Would someone guide me on how to write a shell script the would search for a phone no using at the end text file using sed or awk and store it in a varaible or print it. The text file is in this form text or numbers in first line text or numbers in second line . . . Firsname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amuthiga
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add ; at the end of last line

hi, i have file which is having large sql query eg : i am executing this sql file but now i want to add ; after query on same line i.e. i should look like any idea how to achieve it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the 1st 99 characters and add new line feed at the end of the line

I have a file with varying record length in it. I need to reformat this file so that each line will have a length of 100 characters (99 characters + the line feed). AU * A01 EXPENSE 6990370000 CWF SUBC TRAVEL & MISC MY * A02 RESALE 6990788000 Y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK-grep from line number to the end of file

Does anyone know how to use awk to act like grep from a particular line number to the end of file? I am using Solaris 10 and I don't have any GNU products installed. Say I want to print all occurrences of red starting at line 3 to the end of file. EXAMPLE FILE: red green red red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding line number to *end* of records in file

Given a file like this: abc def ghi I need to get to somestandardtext abc1 morestandardtext somestandardtext def2 morestandardtext somestandardtext ghi3 morestandardtext Notice that in addition to the standard text there is the line number added in as well. What I conceived is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line at the end

How to add a comma at the end of each line in this file?30 1412 30 3352 30 5254 30 5543 30 7478 3 28 3 30 3 39 3 54 3 108 3 152 3 178 3 182 3 214 3 271 3 286 3 300 3 348 3 349 3 371 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunjan
3 Replies
ppmquantall(1)                                                General Commands Manual                                               ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)