Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: my number problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting my number problem Post 302348522 by zappedback on Friday 28th of August 2009 01:26:50 PM
Old 08-28-2009
my number problem

hi guys im a newbie at scripting and am writhing a basic phone dir script to teach myself scripting now the problem i have is i need to make sure the tel number entered to the script is only 8 digits and the first number is not a zero. to use the script i do this ./dir.sh "name" 12345678 can anyone help me here thanks in advance if you can

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem in getting the correct number from the string.

I have string named texts which consist of section label “BOOK-SEC-“. Section starts from 1 to n, where n is a number. For this example conside the value of n is 9. That is, the string variable looks like “BOOK-SEC-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic number checking problem

Hello all I am having problems using a bash script to read the input from the user and checking that its a valid number. I only want the user to input a maximum of a 3 number string (321 , 521 , 871 etc.). Anything longer or that includes a chararcter or symbol will display an error message. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisHoogie
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of users problem

Hi. I have a problem with my homework. I have to do a Script that will tell me the number of users that are logged in on my system through a network and find out their IP's. Can you give me an idea? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mitzu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris magic number problem

Hello, When I boot up my ancient SUNOS 5 system. it stops at the OK prompt and complains about a bad magic number. I have told that I need run fsck but I cannot seem to do so from the OK prompt. How can I get into a diagnostic mode so I can run fsck? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point number problem

Hello folks I Hope everyone is fine. I am calculating number of bytes calculation from apache web log. awk '{ sum += $10 } END { print sum }' /var/httpd/log/mydomain.log 7.45557e+09 it show above number, what should i do it sow number like 7455, i mean if after decimal point above 5 it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

string to number problem

Hi actually what happen i have taken a value from database table and stored in variable and that value is 20100601 000000 but this value is stored as string value in database table so after storing this value in variable a when i did operation on this a variable like a=`expr ${a} +1` i m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

7. Solaris

useradd problem number 2

i added a default user by command useradd shekhar it took user's default directory as /home/shekhar now when i am going inside /home and giving this command cd /home ls-ld it is not showing any directory named shekhar? why so? thanx shekhar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting number

Hi, I was trying to format my number like i=1 to 000001 using the below method. typeset -Z6 i (sorry, corrected) My shell is K, is not doing, it is supposed to do Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal number calculation problem

I have a below snippet of code from my perl script and its causing a problem when the output of $lTAX is 0 (zero) its getting displayed as -0.00. I want output to be 0 not -0.00. Any help would be appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl my $lTotA = 50.94; my $lVatA = 8.49; my $lAllocD; my $lAdjNr =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem to count number of words from file

hi every one i have written this simple shell for counting number of word that user need to find from file but i have get several error when run it. can someone tell me the problem ? echo "Enter the file name" read file echo "enter word" read word for i in \`cat $file` do if then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimafire
1 Replies
PAM-SCRIPT(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     PAM-SCRIPT(7)

NAME
pam-script - a PAM module that can invoke scripts within the PAM stack. SYNOPSIS
pam-script.so [onerr=(success|fail)][dir=/some/path/] DESCRIPTION
pam-script allows you to execute scripts during authorization, passwd changes, and on session opening or closing. Such scripts can perform necessary tasks or influence the outcome of the PAM stack. For example, if the following entry was included in pam.conf sshd auth required pam_script then if the script, pam_script_auth, exits with a non-zero value this would cause the user to be denied SSH access to the machine. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. onerr=(success|fail) the default behavior if the module can not find or execute the script. The default is to fail if the option is not given. dir=/some/path/ where to find the pam-scripts to invoke for each of the various module-types as described below. The default is dir=/usr/share/lib- pam-script if not given. List of scripts pam_script_auth Executed under auth which handles the authentication stage of establishing the user via some challenge-response (i.e. username/pass- word) pam_script_acct invoked under account module-type for non-authentication based account management. pam_script_passwd invoked under passwd for changing the password tokens. pam_script_ses_open invoked when a session is first opened. pam_script_ses_close run after a session is first closed. All the scripts will be passed several environment variables: PAM_USER, PAM_RUSER, PAM_RHOST, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_AUTHTOK, PAM_TTY, and PAM_TYPE referring to the module-type. The pam_script.so arguments in the pam.conf will be passed on the command line, which can be used to modify the script behavior. FILES
/lib/security/pam_script.so - the PAM module /usr/share/libpam-script - where the scripts should be placed by default VERSION
pam-script 1.1.5 SEE ALSO
PAM(7) and the PAM "The System Administrators' Guide" AUTHOR
pam-script was written by Jeroen Nijhof <jeroen@jeroennijhof.nl> with some additions and modifications by R.K. Owen, Ph.D. <rkowen@nersc.gov>. This manual page was written by R.K. Owen <rkowen@nersc.gov>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 22, 2007 PAM-SCRIPT(7)