Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Module for log recycling
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Module for log recycling Post 302348449 by thegeek on Friday 28th of August 2009 09:21:53 AM
Old 08-28-2009
logrotate is the thing which you are searching for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a menu for recycling and permanently deleting files.

Trying to alias rm to move files to a hidden trash directory in the bash shell. I've tried to create this alias numberous ways and it's just not working. Here's what I've tried, anyone have any suggestions. alias rm='mv $* ~/.trash' alias rm= 'mv$* ~/.trash' things like that... I've also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strmy_ngts
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module Help

Hi All, I am using a perl module Win32::AdminMisc in my perl script. When i running in activestate perl v5.10.0 it shows folling error --- Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::AdminMisc in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at example.pl Please reply. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suprcool
7 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

kernel module

Hi All, I need to develop a kernel module which changes the IP address of a package according to its mac address. It would be a sort of L2 Nat. Somebody know if I can do this using netfilter?? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl Module

I dont know if this is a dumb question, but I am unable to move ahead and need help - There is a perl module called Header.pm which was written by someone else. I am trying to write a simple perl script which uses a function provided by the module. The function has been exported by the module... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
9 Replies

6. AIX

AIX PID Recycling

Had a bizzare problem last night with one of our tools running on an AIX server that has not come up before. The tool has been in use for over a year without this problem showing up.The tool basically does this: -Kick off a background task and record the PIDGo and do a bunch of other taskswait for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which Perl Module to use?

Hi, I need to read an excel binary file and write the data to a text file. Is it possible using Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.58 ? If not, is there any module available in CPAN to do this? Thanks, Js (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

PAM module pam_passwdqc module

Hello friends Today i have changed my passwd policy for strong password Everything is working correctly but when i changed my password , it did not ask me my old password my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file is (only passwdqc.so module line) password required pam_passwdqc.so retry=3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Help me in automating the recycling of UNIX server

Hello everyone...I am very new to UNIX hence needs your help in below. i have written a script to change some configuration in property files and its working fine.but to reflect that change at the application i want to recycle WAS and ihs.i.e. run below start and stop commands at /usr/local/bin ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanaa
2 Replies

10. AIX

Auth module debug log

How can I log the auth and security module messages in AIX syslog ? I need to see all authentication requests coming (when users login) and the calls made for authenticating these users. Target system is AIX 6.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vs1
1 Replies
SCAN_FFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SCAN_FFS(8)

NAME
scan_ffs, scan_lfs -- find FFSv1/FFSv2/LFS partitions on a disk or file SYNOPSIS
scan_ffs [-blv] [-e end] [-F file] [-s start] device DESCRIPTION
scan_ffs will take a raw disk device that covers the whole disk or a file and will find all possible FFSv[12]/LFS partitions, independent of block sizes on it. It will show the file system type (FFSv1, FFSv2, or LFS), size, and offset. Also it has an option to show the values with a disklabel-alike output. The options are as follows: -b Report every superblock found with its sector address, rather than trying to report the partition boundaries. This option can be useful to find the other superblocks in a partition if the first superblock has become corrupted. It is most useful if device refers to the raw device for the partition, rather than the entire disk. -e end Where to stop searching for file systems. The end argument specifies the last sector that will be searched. Default is the last sector of device. -F file Path to a file containing possible partitions inside of it. -l Print out a string looking much like the input to disklabel. With a little massaging, this output can usually be used by disklabel(8). -s start Where to start searching for file systems. This makes it easier to skip swap partitions or other large non-UFS/FFS partitions. The start argument specifies the first sector that will be searched. Default is the first sector of device. -v Be verbose about what scan_ffs is doing, and what has been found. The device argument specifies which device scan_ffs should scan for file systems. scan_lfs is just another name for the same program, both behave in exactly the same way. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8) HISTORY
The scan_ffs program first appeared in OpenBSD 2.3 and then in NetBSD 3.1. Support for searching in files was added in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
scan_ffs was written for OpenBSD by Niklas Hallqvist and Tobias Weingartner. It was ported to NetBSD by Juan Romero Pardines, who added sup- port for LFS/FFSv2, partitions with fragsize/blocksize greater than 2048/16384 for FFSv1, searching on files, etc. BUGS
Currently scan_ffs won't find partitions with fragsize/blocksize greater than 8192/65536. BSD
May 1, 2007 BSD