Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: thread creation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting thread creation Post 302348438 by annapurna konga on Friday 28th of August 2009 08:39:16 AM
Old 08-28-2009
thread creation

Void *fork_thread( void *ptr )
i am getting error in this line
please help me out

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Thread creation in c++

Hi all! Is there a function in c++ to create new threads.I have writen a class "Thread" in which I will be calling this thread function to creat threads. Also is there a function to synchronize threads .I know that we can create objects like semaphores and critical sections to synchronize in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
2 Replies

3. Programming

Question on creation of Thread pool

dear sir/madam presently i am in a process of creating a multithread pool using clone() system call in unix with c programming. i am facing some problem ie., i am able create multithread pool and able to keep all the threads in wait state,but when i call kill (afunction revoke a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radha
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

thread creation

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> void *fork_thread(void *ptr ); main() { pthread_t thread1; char *message1 = "Thread 1"; int iret1; iret1 = pthread_create( &thread1, NULL, fork_thread, (void*) message1); exit(0); } Void *fork_thread(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annapurna konga
3 Replies

5. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
fread(3s)																 fread(3s)

Name
       fread, fwrite - buffered binary input/output

Syntax
       #include <stdio.h>

size_t fread(ptr, size, nitems, stream)
       void *ptr;
       size_t size, nitems;
       FILE *stream;

size_t fwrite(ptr, size, nitems, stream)
       void *ptr;
       size_t size, nitems;
       FILE *stream;

Description
       The  function  reads  into a block beginning at ptr, nitems of data of the size size (usually sizeof *ptr) from the named input stream.	It
       returns the number of items actually read.

If stream is stdin and the standard output is line buffered, then any partial output line will be flushed before any call to to satisfy the

The function appends, at most, nitems of data of the size size (usually sizeof *ptr) beginning at ptr  to  the  named  output  stream.	It
       returns the number of items actually written.

Return Values
       The and functions return 0 upon end of file or error.

See Also
       read(2), write(2), fopen(3s), getc(3s), gets(3s), printf(3s), putc(3s), puts(3s), scanf(3s)

fread(3s)