Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: integer treated as text?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting integer treated as text? Post 302348424 by Franklin52 on Friday 28th of August 2009 07:36:28 AM
Old 08-28-2009
What is the value of $qsec?
Try to print the variable before the do loop or run the script with:

Code:
bash -x script-name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script: 'exit' being treated as 'break 2'

hi, in a korn shell script, has anyone ever seen an 'exit' being treated as a 'break 2'? I have a script which has 3 nested loops. Within the inner most loop, i'm trying to exit the script on a fault condition. instead of exiting, it's acting as a 'break 2' and then continuing on with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsatch
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

how to pass integer

i am writing a client and server program client program main() { int sockfd,n; char str; struct sockaddr_in sock; if ((sockfd=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0))<0) { perror("SOCKET ERROR"); } bzero(&sock,sizeof(sock)); sock.sin_family=AF_INET; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get integer part

Hi, I did a df|awk| command and it returns a percentage "94%", how could I only get the integer part "94" out of it, so I can compare it to another number, I knwo that I have to pipe it to sth, but "grep " did not work, it still give me number WITH the percentage, does someone know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
3 Replies

4. Programming

error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

I had seen this error for the first time ..... error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array values treated as one

I want each integer to be a value/element in the array, however the string is being treated as one. How can I stream these into distinct values? PSF6INDEX=`(snmpwalk -v 2c -c 'H0meru!es' ${SWITCH} .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 | grep 'GigabitEthernet' | sed 's/IF-MIB::ifDescr\.//g' | awk '{print $1}' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cytriesbash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text data string conversion to Integer

Folks Appreciate your help in understanding issue in relation to below. I need to pul uvalue from a file (tmpfile) and compare it with a number to make decision. Using #!/bin/sh contents of tmpfile : Slot uvalue : 0.16 How I am pulling it: unifval=`awk '/uvalue/ {print $4}' tmpfile` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wndgs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

integer to string

Hi all, is there an easy way to convert integer to string in bash? I have numbers like 1, 2, ..., 112, ... and I would like to get 001 002 003 004 ... Thank you, Sarah (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the text/integer value from the log file

i have some log (temp.txt) file like temp.txt: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d30 9.8G 9.7G 14M 100% /opt /dev/md/dsk/d72 187M 61M 107M 37% /osmf/mgmt /dev/md/dsk/d71 187M 140M 29M 83% /export/home /dev/md/dsk/d70 7.9G 4.3G 3.5G 56% /var/crash /dev/md/dsk/d74... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubt
6 Replies

10. Programming

Are These All The Integer Types In C

Hello and Good day, I am currently studying C and I just finished learning about variables mainly those of integer type. I am wondering if the list below are all there is to integer variables and there are still more that i have to learn. Here are the list: Char Short int long long long... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)