Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O tuning for oracle
Operating Systems AIX I/O tuning for oracle Post 302348240 by zxmaus on Thursday 27th of August 2009 06:32:57 PM
Old 08-27-2009
Hi,

we're running your application in our company too - we just call it slightly different Smilie

Try to use cio and aio ... works fine for us. DIO was choice during JFS filesystems - these days its rather cio (btw as well what oracle rather recommends).

If you're able to reproduce the expected workload - try both in a stress test and a test batch and take the timings.

Rgds
zxmaus

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle-performance tuning

Sorry, This is out of scope of this group.But I require the clarification pretty urgently. My Oracle database is parallely enabled. Still,in a particular table queries do not work "parallely" always. How is this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthri
9 Replies

3. Solaris

tuning

hw to increse nfs perfomence tuning? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh.sun
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Tuning

Hi All, In last one week, i have posted many questions in this portal. At last i am succeeded to make my 1st unix script. following are 2 points where my script is taking tooooo long. 1. Print the total number of records excluding header & footer. I have found that awk 'END{print NR -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tuning function

This is my function in UNIX file. In this function I am -> first replacing spaces in character 19-27 with 0 -> then if it's all zeros ( 9 zeros) replace it with space The reason I have to make it to 0 first is that my requirement is that if this field is having value of 0 , replace it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
4 Replies

7. Solaris

nxge tuning

Hi all, I would like to tune the nxge card as suggested by this link, but got some confusion. Can anyone advise me ? We have SunOS hsbc02 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-CP3260 Do I have to install any patches ? The tunning link Networks - Siwiki In our nxge.conf, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
0 Replies

8. AIX

Tuning AIX for oracle

Dears i want to have a clear view about this tuning parameters and what they related to FS or Oracle , and how to figure the percentage of them . maxperm% maxclient% v_pinshm = 1 lgpg_regions = 0 lpgp_size = 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD