Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split folder into dvd size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split folder into dvd size Post 302348222 by cfajohnson on Thursday 27th of August 2009 04:42:27 PM
Old 08-27-2009

The program I mentioned doesn't split files unless they are larger than the maximum size, and that can easily be disabled.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Folder Size

Is there a way to limit a certain folder size(e.g. Documents, Desktop)? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisdmin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to split solaris installation dvd to cd?

hello. i have using OpenSolaris 10. i need to split OpenSolaris 10 Dvd to CD's? how i can? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotjava
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

size of a folder ?

hi, is possible to calculate the size of a folder using ls ? ls -s works only for files.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split files based on size

I have a few txt files in some directory and I need to check their sizes one by one. If any of them are greater than 5mb then I need to split the file in two. Can someone help? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on size

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement. I have a file with the below structure. 0001A1.... 0001B1.. .... 0001L1 0002A1 0002B1 ...... 0002L1 .. the first 4 characters are the sequence numbers for a record, A record will start with A1 and end with L1 with same sequence number. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting folder more than 100K size

Hi , I am trying to get the folder details having size more than sme specified value and also the name of the folder should be like TEST. so 1. In the current directory search for all the folders having name like TEST 2. Print the list of the folder names having size more than 100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a folder with huge number of files in n folders

We have a folder XYZ with large number of files (>350,000). how can i split the folder and create say 10 of them XYZ1 to XYZ10 with 35,000 files each. (doesnt matter which files go where). (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlokKumbhare
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the File based on Size

I have a file that is about 7 GB in size. The requirement is I should split the file equally in such a way that the size of the split files is less than 2Gb. If the file is less than 2gb, than nothing needs to be done. ( need to done using shell script) Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Copy mismatch while copying RHEL DVD to folder

Hi, Here is this weird thing happening here. I mounted RHEL 6.6 DVD on a directoy /a, I am trying to copy it's content to another folder by using command: cp -pr /a/* /new/folder But while I run ls -lrt on both locations it show me difference in number of files. Any specific reason for that.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split the all files in to 8 parts in a folder

Hi, I have different files and i need to split the files in that folder split in to 8 parts with equal number of lines....! any fastest way of doing this in awk. for an example i have a file called "BillingDetails_BaseFile.csv" with total line count 65536 and i need to split in to 8 parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux