Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Database Size
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Database Size Post 302348088 by asalman.qazi on Thursday 27th of August 2009 09:26:22 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Database Size

Can anybody tell me how to look for the size of the database on the solariis servers.

I am using Solaris 5.6 and Solaris 1.1.1

Any help will be appreciated..................

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database

This is the info i have so far. please if you are dead positive can u let me know if i my math/process is correct. Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname 5003e1f8 1 1 0 250000 177177 PO- /database/link_cw_p01_rootdbs 5003e494 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. Solaris

database image size

hi , we are using Veritas netbackup 5 to backup all databases at our site. i noticed lately that a specific filesystem on the netbackup servers in running critically out of space , after some investigations i found that there are images that are increasing in size everytime a backup is taken .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command(s) to find size of mysql database?

hello, i'm trying to figure out the size of a mysql database shelling into my server with putty / command line. is there / are there any commands that will return the size of a database, in MB? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbourgeois
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

know the size of database

Hi all , How to know the size of a oracle database running in hp-ux server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the size of a database by counting all the used pages

Hi all, I am looking to find the size of the database by counting all the used pages. 1. I have a file which reads like below 16384 4750850 32768 165 The first column is the pagesize and the second column is the number of pages... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: family_guy
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off pause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)