Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit Post 302348008 by asalman.qazi on Thursday 27th of August 2009 06:46:26 AM
Old 08-27-2009
No this is not a home work.( I am working in a support project)

we are facing data corruption issues on our server.

We have contacted a database administrator for this purpose. So we are required to furnish some information to him.

so tahts why i am in urgent need of this situat

---------- Post updated at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:45 AM ----------

also please let me know how this can be extracted in solaris 1.1.1

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations. # title Solaris 10 32-bit root (hd0,0,a) kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive </code> Now, it is not working as I get the following error : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ddi_model_convert_from(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				ddi_model_convert_from(9F)

NAME
ddi_model_convert_from - determine data model type mismatch SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> uint_tddi_model_convert_from(uint_t model); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
model The data model type of the current thread. DESCRIPTION
ddi_model_convert_from() is used to determine if the current thread uses a different C Language Type Model than the device driver. The 64-bit version of Solaris will require a 64-bit kernel to support both 64-bit and 32-bit user mode programs. The difference between a 32-bit program and a 64-bit program is in its C Language Type Model: a 32-bit program is ILP32 (integer, longs, and pointers are 32-bit) and a 64-bit program is LP64 (longs and pointers are 64-bit). There are a number of driver entry points such as ioctl(9E) and mmap(9E) where it is necessary to identify the C Language Type Model of the user-mode originator of an kernel event. For example any data which flows between programs and the device driver or vice versa need to be identical in format. A 64-bit device driver may need to modify the format of the data before sending it to a 32-bit application. ddi_model_convert_from() is used to determine if data that is passed between the device driver and the application requires reformatting to any non-native data model. RETURN VALUES
DDI_MODEL_ILP32 A conversion to/from ILP32 is necessary. DDI_MODEL_NONE No conversion is necessary. Current thread and driver use the same data model. CONTEXT
ddi_model_convert_from() can be called from any context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: : Using ddi_model_convert_from() in the ioctl() entry point to support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. The following is an example how to use ddi_model_convert_from() in the ioctl() entry point to support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. struct passargs32 { int len; caddr32_t addr; }; struct passargs { int len; caddr_t addr; }; xxioctl(dev_t dev, int cmd, intptr_t arg, int mode, cred_t *credp, int *rvalp) { struct passargs pa; switch (ddi_model_convert_from(mode & FMODELS)) { case DDI_MODEL_ILP32: { struct passargs32 pa32; ddi_copyin(arg, &pa32, sizeof (struct passargs32), mode); pa.len = pa32.len; pa.address = pa32.address; break; } case DDI_MODEL_NONE: ddi_copyin(arg, &pa, sizeof (struct passargs), mode); break; } do_ioctl(&pa); .... } SEE ALSO
ioctl(9E), mmap(9E), ddi_mmap_get_model(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 2001 ddi_model_convert_from(9F)