Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit Post 302348006 by jlliagre on Thursday 27th of August 2009 06:41:43 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by asalman.qazi
how to find out wether my os is 32 bit or 64 bit. I am using Solaris 5.6.
Solaris 2.6 was 32 bit only.
Quote:
also i want to know the difference between 32 bit and 64bit os.
The difference is 32 ;-)
Quote:
any help will be much appreciated as i am in urgent need of this information
How can this question be urgent ? Homework ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations. # title Solaris 10 32-bit root (hd0,0,a) kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive </code> Now, it is not working as I get the following error : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)