Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O tuning for oracle
Operating Systems AIX I/O tuning for oracle Post 302347966 by pchangba on Thursday 27th of August 2009 04:43:52 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Thanks for the reply it will help me a lot.
I am actually using AIX 6.1 with Oracle 11g. Running a Banking Application (I-Flex).
I am sill in installation phase I can do as much R&D as i can, before going for production.

As far as i know if i use DIO it will not use filesystem caching and oracle has its own caching.
If both oracle caching and FS caching are used the performance will degrate..
So i am thinking of using DIO & AIO . what do u think.
you are absolutely correct there is no particular way for tuning IOs we have to test it and do according to the result.
I just want some suggestion coz planning of one mind can be incorrect also.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle-performance tuning

Sorry, This is out of scope of this group.But I require the clarification pretty urgently. My Oracle database is parallely enabled. Still,in a particular table queries do not work "parallely" always. How is this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthri
9 Replies

3. Solaris

tuning

hw to increse nfs perfomence tuning? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh.sun
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Tuning

Hi All, In last one week, i have posted many questions in this portal. At last i am succeeded to make my 1st unix script. following are 2 points where my script is taking tooooo long. 1. Print the total number of records excluding header & footer. I have found that awk 'END{print NR -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tuning function

This is my function in UNIX file. In this function I am -> first replacing spaces in character 19-27 with 0 -> then if it's all zeros ( 9 zeros) replace it with space The reason I have to make it to 0 first is that my requirement is that if this field is having value of 0 , replace it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
4 Replies

7. Solaris

nxge tuning

Hi all, I would like to tune the nxge card as suggested by this link, but got some confusion. Can anyone advise me ? We have SunOS hsbc02 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-CP3260 Do I have to install any patches ? The tunning link Networks - Siwiki In our nxge.conf, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
0 Replies

8. AIX

Tuning AIX for oracle

Dears i want to have a clear view about this tuning parameters and what they related to FS or Oracle , and how to figure the percentage of them . maxperm% maxclient% v_pinshm = 1 lgpg_regions = 0 lpgp_size = 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies
UNW_SET_CACHING_POLICY(3)				       Programming Library					 UNW_SET_CACHING_POLICY(3)

NAME
unw_set_caching_policy -- set unwind caching policy SYNOPSIS
#include <libunwind.h> int unw_set_caching_policy(unw_addr_space_t as, unw_caching_policy_t policy); DESCRIPTION
The unw_set_caching_policy() routine sets the caching policy of address space as to the policy specified by argument policy. The policy argument can take one of three possible values: UNW_CACHE_NONE Turns off caching completely. This also implicitly flushes the contents of all caches as if unw_flush_cache() had been called. UNW_CACHE_GLOBAL Enables caching using a global cache that is shared by all threads. If global caching is unavailable or unsupported, libunwind may fall back on using a per-thread cache, as if UNW_CACHE_PER_THREAD had been specified. UNW_CACHE_PER_THREAD Enables caching using thread-local caches. If a thread-local caching are unavailable or unsupported, libunwind may fall back on using a global cache, as if UNW_CACHE_GLOBAL had been specified. If caching is enabled, an application must be prepared to make appropriate calls to unw_flush_cache() whenever the target changes in a way that could affect the validity of cached information. For example, after unloading (removing) a shared library, unw_flush_cache() would have to be called (at least) for the address-range that was covered by the shared library. For address spaces created via unw_create_addr_space(3), caching is turned off by default. For the local address space unw_local_addr_space, caching is turned on by default. RETURN VALUE
On successful completion, unw_set_caching_policy() returns 0. Otherwise the negative value of one of the error-codes below is returned. THREAD AND SIGNAL SAFETY
unw_set_caching_policy() is thread-safe but not safe to use from a signal handler. ERRORS
UNW_ENOMEM The desired caching policy could not be established because the application is out of memory. SEE ALSO
libunwind(3), unw_create_addr_space(3), unw_flush_cache(3) AUTHOR
David Mosberger-Tang Email: dmosberger@gmail.com WWW: http://www.nongnu.org/libunwind/. Programming Library 16 August 2007 UNW_SET_CACHING_POLICY(3)