Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lppchk result
Operating Systems AIX lppchk result Post 302347850 by zxmaus on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 04:20:28 PM
Old 08-26-2009
Hi,

are you sure that you are trying to install a package 'bos.rte.printers 5.3.10.0.I' ?

I am sorry but I don't have a box with TL10 but generally it looks like the root part of your package installation failed while the fileset was upgraded why the /usr part was successful ...

Quote:
/etc/objrepos/lpp Specifies installation information of all software products on the root.
/usr/lib/objrepos/lpp Specifies installation information of all software products on the /usr file system.
Rgds
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. AIX

lppchk errors: bos.rte.filesystem

Hi all, I installed AIX 5.3 (TL 5300-08-01) and after that I updated to TL 5300-09-01. The problem is that, when I issue "lppchk -v" I get the following error: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get execute result of su

I wrote a shell script. su user << EOF some commands result=$? EOF echo $result Other program determined by $result It outputs nothing. How to pass the variable 'result' "inside su" to "outside su"? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

if ] (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

ls -A $variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print result of mv -n

I am trying to move files which donot have same filename using find /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/new_dir -type f -mmin +"$HRS" -exec mv -n "{}" /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/old_dir \; -print but i am getting all filenames including the ones with duplicate names.Please help me to sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 lppchk failed

Hi, i have problem when i try to check consist of system, and I can't fix it.. outut of lppchk -v below.. oslevel -s 6100-00-01-0748 lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting expected result

Hi Experts, I have written the below script but its not working as per expectation. My requirement is if this condition ] is satisfied then only check for this condition ] if this also satisfied check for the condition ]. vi p_values.ksh path="/db/ora/files" mode=1 b_days=10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
5 Replies
CHECKPC(8)							  checkpc command							CHECKPC(8)

NAME
checkpc - check out the printcap database SYNOPSIS
checkpc [ -aflprsV ] [ -Aage[DHMS] ] [ -Ddebugflags ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -t size[kM] ] DESCRIPTION
Checkpc is used to check for the existence and correct permissions of entries in the printcap database. It is useful when installing a new printcap database and cleaning up existing printer spoolers. -a Do not create accounting files (:af). -f The fix flag will cause the checkpc program create and fix various files and permissions. It does this in a simple minded manner, and the program may have to be run several times until all permissions are correct. It also reports in extremely verbose details its actions. -l Do not create log files (:lf). -p Print verbose printcap information. Useful if interested in the printcap values. -r remove junk or job files older than the age set by -A. You must set the age to a non-zero value otherwise no files are removed. -s Do not create filter status files (:ps). -A Age[DHMS] Report junk or job files older than age. The age time can have a suffix days (D) hours (H), minutes (M), or seconds (S); default is days. -D debugflags Run the program with debugging flags. See the LPRng HOWTO for details of the flags actions. -V Verbose mode. -P printer Process only the specified print queue. -t size[kM] Truncate log files (:lf) to the specified size in Kbytes or Mbytes (default is Mbytes). -T serial-line set process name and start feature test ANNOYING FEATURES
If the -f(fix) option is specified and you do not run this as root, it will complain, but attempt to carry out the operations. This will lead to a large number of failures reports if the ownership and/or permissions are incorrect. FILES
The files used by LPRng are set by values in the printer configuration file and by configuration options. The following are a commonly used set of default values. /etc/lprng/lpd.conf LPRng configuration file ${HOME}/.printcap user printer description file /etc/printcap printer description file /etc/lprng/lpd.perms permissions /var/run/lprng/lpd lock file for queue control /var/spool/lpd spool directories /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/control queue control /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/log trace or debug log file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/acct accounting file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/status status file SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.perms(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostics are self explanatory. If you are puzzled over the exact cause of failure, set the debugging level on (-D5) and run again. The debugging information will help you to pinpoint the exact cause of failure. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2007-02-22 CHECKPC(8)