Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .NET on unix ?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions .NET on unix ? Post 302347834 by aneuryzma on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 03:37:57 PM
Old 08-26-2009
.NET on unix ?

hi,

this is probably a terrible question: can I program using .NET on Unix Servers ?

thanks
Patrick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing a .NET service to be Hosted in UNIX

Has anyone here written an MS compatible .NET service that is hosted and served from a UNIX server instead of a W2K server? I love programming and writing .NET services with Visual Studio.NET and C#, but there is a fundamental problem --the Win2k server itself. It is not near as reliable as Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeslekmc
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Would need a friend on the net, someone who knows a lot of UNIX or similar...

Hi! I'm fully aware of that this is not a chat forum, at least it's not what it's intended to be, but i do not find any better way of dealing with my problem... I'm using, well at least right now, a text based webbrowser, the LYNX actually, for the first time, works pretty well... Would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ASP.net in unix based system

Hi Guys, i am new to the fourms.. i have one doubt related to unix.. i was developed one application in asp.net under windows platfrom. i want to run this application in sun one web server under unix environment.. Its possible or not .. please calrify my doubt. Thanks and Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksathiya76
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ASP.net in unix based system. Someone Help Me

Hi Guys, i am new to the fourms.. i have one doubt related to unix.. i was developed one application in asp.net under windows platfrom. i want to run this application in sun one web server under unix environment.. Its possible or not .. please calrify my doubt. Thanks and Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksathiya76
4 Replies

5. AIX

From ASP.NET to Oracle on unix

Dear all , I have a serious question and i need an answer before i go throught a new project. I have an oracle DB is on remote UNIX box.How can I connect through ASP.net on a windows server machine to the oracle db and do all the jobs i need (insert ,update delete) ? is their is a way ?? please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoshakhs
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-Unix; .net application creates processes

I have a .net application that works with an Oracle database in HP-Unix. Problem: .net application creates Oracle processes that don't close. By default Oracle can work with 200 active processes and after that crashes. I doubled this number and I don't have to many problems. I want: to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command used for downloading file from net

Hi, Which command I can use to download a file from website? I tried with wget and lwp-dowload but no gain. Can any one suggest me the good way to dowload? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::OpenSSH not working on Unix machine.

So, I installed the Net::OpenSSH module and I am having trouble getting it to work. It appears to be failing on this code: my $ssh = Net::OpenSSH->new('user:passwd@host.com'); $ssh->error and die "Couldn't establish SSH connection: ". $ssh->error; It's pretty simple code. I keep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run C# .NET Application in Unix

I have an application I wrote that is designed to run on a windows system but now starting to think I would rather be using Unix. Would the application have to be 100% rewritten to work on unix, or is there something I could install that would allow me to run my .NET application inside unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redbrad0
2 Replies

10. Programming

Switch Technology from .NET to UNIX Shell

Hello friends, I started my career with VB.6.0 in 2007, In 2008 moved in VB.NET window application programming and then for web application programming with C#,ASP.NET with different databse like Oracle,MySQL and SQL Server.Currently I have 4.7 years experience in .NET application and worked... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Verma
8 Replies
NRSDRV(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 						 NRSDRV(8)

NAME
nrsdrv - KISS to NET/ROM serial converter SYNOPSIS
nrsdrv [-f] [-l] [-s speed] [-v] kissdev nrsdev DESCRIPTION
Nrsdrv is a program designed to convert from the KISS protocol to the NET/ROM serial protocol used by real NET/ROM's and TheNet's. The pro- tocols are fairly similar, although the NET/ROM serial protocol does include a one byte checksum which KISS does not. Typically nrsdrv will be attached to one end of a pseudo-tty of which the other end has been attached to a KISS capable program. The NET/ROM device will probably be a real serial port attached to a TNC or a Hexipus. The full specification of the NET/ROM serial protocol can be found in the original Software 2000 documentation that accompanied NET/ROMs. OPTIONS
-f Flow control enabled for use with a Hexipus, the default is disabled. See the file hexipus.txt in the source distribution for wiring details. -l Log messages to the system log, the default is not to. -s speed Sets the speed of both interfaces. If no value is specified then no speed will be set. -v Display the version. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
kill(1), stty(1), ax25(4). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 22 December 1996 NRSDRV(8)