Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to disable extended desktop in unix Post 302347686 by jlliagre on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 08:28:31 AM
Old 08-26-2009
If it is using an NVidia graphic card, use the NVidia server setting GUI (nvidia-settings) to disable it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable password expire in HP UNIX

Hi, How to disable passwd expire in HP UNIX by not using SAM ? In our system SAM have some strange bugs. However due to some reason, we cannot add that patch. B. Rgds Christina (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christina fung
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processing extended ascii character file names in UNIX (BASH scipts)

Hi, I have a accentuated letter (ö) in a script for an Installer. It's a file name. This is not working and I'm told to try using the octal value for the extended ascii character. Does anyone no how to do this? If I had the word "filförval", can I just put in the value between the letters, like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peli
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable application level logs in Unix?

Hi, I'm working in an application and the related Java code and the envrionment is in Unix server. We are generating the log messages using loggers of Java.util.log . But, the logs are not getting generated in the log files. We feel that the people who developed the system might have done some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelangovan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most used unix platform as desktop.

Just wonder about this question everytime that how many of us use unix as desktop and prefers which unix platform as desktop. - nilesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Disable Function Key F3 from Unix

hie. i would want to disable the function key F3 from Unix Sco. I could not do this from my apllication due to its limitatation. i included the following line in the .profile file stty susp . Unfortunately this is disabling all the function keys. Is there a way in which i can disable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kud
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Disable FIREWALL in UNIX

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX Admin and i am trying to do one software installation. During installation process, i need to disable the existing firewall settings. I am not much aware about the UNIX Firewall settings. Can any one help me to find out whether the firewall is ON or not. If it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extended characters in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am using db2 load to load from a csv file to a table. Problem is that extended characters ™,®,é,º do not get loaded correctly. Its a UTF 8 format csv and i am using codepage=1208 for the load. Does anybody have an idea on this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux as a client desktop

Hi Does someone using unix or linux as a productive client desktop in your company? Which Desktop Environment/Windows Manager and which Workstation Management software? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
GFXATTR(1)																GFXATTR(1)

NAME
gfxattr - Manipulate extended attributes in Gfarm file system SYNOPSIS
gfxattr [ -s | -g | -l | -r ] [ -x ] [ -c | -m ] [ -f xattrfile ] file [ xattrname ] DESCRIPTION
gfxattr manipulates extended attributes and XML extended attributes of a specified file. An extended attribute consists of an attribute name and an attribute value, which are arbitrary strings. An XML extended attribute is an extended attribute having an XML attribute value. Since XML extended attributes have a different name space from extended attributes, the same attribute name can be used. When the -x option is specified, XML extended attributes are manipulated. It is possible to search XML extended attributes by XPath query using gffindxmlattr command. All files and directories in Gfarm file system can keep extended attributes. When removing a file or directory, the associated extended attributes are also removed. Either -s, -g, -l, or -r option should be specified. OPTIONS
-s sets a new value with an extended attribute xattrname for a specified file. With the -f option, the value can be specified by the file xattrfile instead of by the standard input. When neither -c nor -m option is specified, the extended attribute is overwritten if it is already set. -g reads a value with an extended attribute xattrname for a specified file. -l display a list of extended attributes for a specified file. -r removes a extended attribute xattrname for a specified file. -x manipulates XML extended attributes. -c sets a new extended attribute if it is not set. This option is used with the -s option. -m modifies the extended attribute if there it is. This option is used with the -s option. -f xattrfile With the -s option, reads an extended attribute from the specified xattrfile instead of from the standard input. With the -g option, writes the extended attribute to the specified xattrfile instead of to the standard output. -? displays usage. SEE ALSO
gffindxmlattr(1) Gfarm 18 August 2009 GFXATTR(1)