Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lppchk result
Operating Systems AIX lppchk result Post 302347459 by zxmaus on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 06:11:43 PM
Old 08-25-2009
Hi,

you should perform the lppchecks on the filesets themselves - search via
Code:
lslpp -L | grep printer

for the correct filesets

Kind regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. AIX

lppchk errors: bos.rte.filesystem

Hi all, I installed AIX 5.3 (TL 5300-08-01) and after that I updated to TL 5300-09-01. The problem is that, when I issue "lppchk -v" I get the following error: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get execute result of su

I wrote a shell script. su user << EOF some commands result=$? EOF echo $result Other program determined by $result It outputs nothing. How to pass the variable 'result' "inside su" to "outside su"? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

if ] (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

ls -A $variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print result of mv -n

I am trying to move files which donot have same filename using find /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/new_dir -type f -mmin +"$HRS" -exec mv -n "{}" /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/old_dir \; -print but i am getting all filenames including the ones with duplicate names.Please help me to sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 lppchk failed

Hi, i have problem when i try to check consist of system, and I can't fix it.. outut of lppchk -v below.. oslevel -s 6100-00-01-0748 lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting expected result

Hi Experts, I have written the below script but its not working as per expectation. My requirement is if this condition ] is satisfied then only check for this condition ] if this also satisfied check for the condition ]. vi p_values.ksh path="/db/ora/files" mode=1 b_days=10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)